JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I'm putting down a 9-stage, 1-day major USPSA match at TCGC on 8/20/2022. It's an Optics Championship. Sample stage design attached.

Because this is my first year it's half price and it's technically a Level 1 Match which means you don't have to be a USPSA member to shoot it. That said, your gear must comply with one of the (3) divisions: Open, Carry Optics and PCC, follow USPSA rules, and of course, follow club rules. We will be giving away prizes from SIG, have some really great awards/trophies by R & R - laser engraved at SIG. We'll also have professional photography so you can get a cool shot of yourself to show your Mom! We'll have water in coolers. Shade provided. I'm basically trying to run a Level 2 to prepare for next year's match, but it's officially a Level 1. Registration link is below...

If you have any questions, please email me at SIG direct so I can respond quicker (jack.lapham@sigsauer). Especially if it concerns The Club or USPSA rules. For example, if you have shot matches, maybe not so much USPSA - but you want to know if your gear will fit a division. I can help get you squared away.

Thanks,
-Jack

PXL_20220328_060955204.jpg

These are such great matches for anybody who wants to try something more than a local match a lot of hard work and time goes into creating these and they are super fun and a great way to meet skilled competitors.
Highly recommended.

These are such great matches for anybody who wants to try something more than a local match a lot of hard work and time goes into creating these and they are super fun and a great way to meet skilled competitors.
Highly recommended.
Really appreciate that feedback! They are a lot of work, but some of us [like me] are wired wrong and actually enjoy the designing/running side of it so far. This match will be a good challenge. Activating, moving targets. Plenty of hard cover and no-shoots. I'm sure we'll have hosing too for those that just like to go fast!

Well, I was thinking about signing up for this match back when evoDiesel posted this thread, but was sure I will be severely out skilled, so I put it off. I did not want to take up space where I did not belong. I see there are still 8 openings, so I think I will give it a try. I mostly do practicle rifle, 2-gun and IDPA, but have done a few USPSA matches in years past, so we will see how it goes. The last USPSA match I went to I kept getting told "It's not IDPA" because of the way I timed my reloads, so I know I have that to work on over the next few weeks. You will know me because I'll be the old slow guy at the bottom of the scoring!

@evolDiesel Practiscore lists the match as: Match starts: Friday, August 19, 2022 @ 8:00 AM Match ends: Saturday, August 20, 2022 @ 5:00 PM
But the description says "1-day, 8-stage, USPSA Level-1 held on August 20th"

Is this a two day match?

Sorry I was looking on Practiscore for how to reach the match director, but I don't see an email address.

@evolDiesel Practiscore lists the match as: Match starts: Friday, August 19, 2022 @ 8:00 AM Match ends: Saturday, August 20, 2022 @ 5:00 PM
But the description says "1-day, 8-stage, USPSA Level-1 held on August 20th"

Is this a two day match?

Sorry I was looking on Practiscore for how to reach the match director, but I don't see an email address.
The main match is on Aug 20. Staff may shoot on Aug 19.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top