JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey I haven't a need to purchase ammo online lately. but I've heard from a few different people that either gun shops are saying you can ship ammo to a private residence in this state or that manufacture are choosing not to so as to hopefully not get tied up in a crippling lawsuit with bob ferguson. Let me know your experience please

Hey I haven't a need to purchase ammo online lately. but I've heard from a few different people that either gun shops are saying you can ship ammo to a private residence in this state or that manufacture are choosing not to so as to hopefully not get tied up in a crippling lawsuit with bob ferguson. Let me know your experience please
If some shop is telling you this my best guess is they are hoping you will not bother to check and just buy from them.

I buy a lot from SG. Read somewhere they are asking for a copy of ID from WA residents now. Well, okay.
Good while back when one of the new laws passed they (SG) asked me for it one time. I have to guess they keep it "on file" as now my orders just go through. LONG before I found out about SG I used a place on the east coast, ammoman.com. They back then did ask for a copy of State ID of some kind first time ordering from them when I set up an account. This does not seem to be something new. SG just did not seem to bother before the AG here started winning. Its never bothered me as I am paying with plastic so its not like "they" don't know who is ordering this stuff.
:s0092:

I just received 6000 rounds 2 days ago........

Which law did they say you would be breaking? Whenever someone says something is "illegal" ask for what law you would be breaking. Many times they can not tell you what law, because it is not a law. To be charged with a crime, in WA you would have to violate a RCW or a WAC with a specific number.

No problem getting ammo shipped to WA except from Academy.
Did Academy stop shipping ammo here? I had not used them in a long time and did not know. The great panic from years back when .22 ammo was gone for years they were one of the great places to get it from. They were getting my "go to", CCI, weekly there and selling it at the same price as the Wally's here sold it for with free shipping. I had the stuff coming from them weekly and often wondered how the hell they made a buck on the sales at that price.

This is where some out of state ammo shops are getting hung up. I've talked to a couple of them personally.

RCW 9.41.110 - Dealer's licenses, by whom granted, conditions, fees

"(3) No dealer may sell or otherwise transfer, or expose for sale or transfer, or have in his or her possession with intent to sell, or otherwise transfer, any ammunition without being licensed as provided in this section."

We see this being a two fold with the State of Washington -

1) The AG is harassing out of state sellers to make working in Washington unbearable, but also to find those in WA that are not complying with Bob's dictates from the throne room. The same as they have done with the largest wholesalers, the AGs office has been issuing civil investigative demands to WHOLESALERS under the state's Consumer Protection Act (same law that enabled charges against Gators, WGS and Federal Way Discount). The RCW requires that if you are selling ammo to WA citizens, you must be licensed to sell that materials in WA.

2) Taxes. Same as other industries the DOR has pursued over the years as online sellers have proliferated. They want sales taxes to be paid on shipments into WA and are forcing compliance by out of state shippers. Smaller operations, just give up trying to comply with all the local WA tax codes, etc.

Coincidence maybe?
But, I haven't bought internet sale ammo (or a new Semi-auto firearm).....since the last Presidential election.

Awwww......Come on Man
I'm GREAT for the American economy.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

I had "Cheaper than Dirt" day no sales to WA buyers. Hornady, too. Quote RCW 9.41.110 sect 3. It doesn't even address ammo, just mags, but they won't ship.

I have ordered ammo from SG and other than uploading a picture of my drivers license nothing has changed. It charges sales tax based on where I live in Washington State. I also pay a few dollars more to insure the full value of the ammunition I order.

I have ordered ammo from SG and other than uploading a picture of my drivers license nothing has changed. It charges sales tax based on where I live in Washington State. I also pay a few dollars more to insure the full value of the ammunition I order.
I doubt any online places that sell anything are still doing it tax free here. This started slowly many years ago. Law makers gave states the OK to start collecting sales tax on item sold to people in their state. When it first started there was a lot of complaining from people wanting to blame the sellers. The sellers again had nothing to do with it. I shop online a LOT. I can't remember the last time anyone sold stuff to me and did not charge sales tax based on where I live just like any store I walk into does. I always opt for the few bucks extra insurance figuring its worth it. I have not yet had to use it but had some close calls. UPS one time tried to deliver my ammo to some other place. Only reason they did not succeed was whatever place they were trying to drop it at was closed. When I got the notification that they had attempted delivery and would try again I sent them a message. Shortly I got a call from someone at the local office making all kinds of excuses but they did get the ammo to me next day. Figure if they do lose one that few bucks extra insurance may make things much easier.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top