JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been carrying and shooting a 40 Shield for a long time. Switched over to a CZ p10-M 9mm for a while but went back to the 40. I'm just more comfortable and confident with it. As far as 40 in general all I make gets sold, maybe not as fast as 9mm but it doesn't stick around long either.

I've been carrying and shooting a 40 Shield for a long time. Switched over to a CZ p10-M 9mm for a while but went back to the 40. I'm just more comfortable and confident with it. As far as 40 in general all I make gets sold, maybe not as fast as 9mm but it doesn't stick around long either.
I still carry my first gen. I have small-er hands because I'm a smaller guy, but the recoil doesn't bother me. I switched to the shield from a compact 45. The darn grips are too big. I like the ballistics with the .40. Fits me. I haven't seen the need to upgrade. I'm sure the newer ones are nice but I'm happy and comfortable with my 1st gen.

I had a 1st gen for a while then strayed from the fold and dabbled in 38's and 9mm's for daily carry. Sold both of those and went back to the 40 Shield. This time it's a gen 2. Not having the gen 1 to compare to all I can say is the 40 Shield still is my preferred EDC no matter what generation. I did recently carry the CZ P10-M because I like my other CZ but when it came down to what caliber I feel is best for my personal protection in an urban environment I'm back with the 40. The 40 Shield has the extra advantage of becoming quite the master blaster with the drop in 357 Sig barrel.

I made a handloading mistake of sorts yesterday. My woods carry gun is a S&W 629 Classic and I usually stuff it full of .44 Special loads made by @oremike. While choosing to use Mike's handloads is certainly not a mistake, you know you've made a mistake when you return from your woods trip and spot the six shells you usually stuff into said handgun sitting on top of your ammo cabinet. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now, mind you, I'm not admitting to wandering all over creation yesterday with an empty gun. No sir. I'm not admitting that at all. Old age sucks though. :(

I made a handloading mistake of sorts yesterday. My woods carry gun is a S&W 629 Classic and I usually stuff it full of .44 Special loads made by @oremike. While choosing to use Mike's handloads is certainly not a mistake, you know you've made a mistake when you return from your woods trip and spot the six shells you usually stuff into said handgun sitting on top of your ammo cabinet. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now, mind you, I'm not admitting to wandering all over creation yesterday with an empty gun. No sir. I'm not admitting that at all. Old age sucks though. :(
That's why one is none and two is one.

If he does that, he just might put his I out…

:s0140:
Ralphie.jpg

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews