JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Semi-auto shotguns are banned now in Washington State. You can buy a pump action, double barrel, break action, or a single shot only now. Not sure since I haven't bought a shotgun for many years now.

Semi-auto shotguns are banned now in Washington State. You can buy a pump action, double barrel, break action, or a single shot only now. Not sure since I haven't bought a shotgun for many years now.
Its not that bad here YET. I just looked at a Mossy 940 pro and no problem buying it here. Its not fed from a detachable mag and has 7 round tube so they let it in here. For now at least

Federal Way Discount Guns has a few semi auto Benelli M4 shotguns on the rack for sale, but they are the straight stock, non retractable variety, as the AWB under the BS 1240 bill in WA quashed any semi auto shotgun with pistol grips and retractable stocks like what's on my LE M4 shotgun, that most are familiar with.

BUT, But, but.......

I can remember reading in the US Constitution where it actually said.....

".......shall not be infringed".

Nah.....
BECAUSE......
your-rights-end-where-my-feelings-begin.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Incorrect. There is a list of definitive features and if a semiauto shotgun lacks them it is legal.

They're okay if the have a conventional stock instead of a pistol grip stock and don't hold more than 7 shells in the tube. I am quite tempted by the Beretta 1301 which holds 7 and a version comes with a conventional stock, which I prefer. I think pistol grips on shotguns look TAPCO silly.

Yes I do not wanr a oistol grip and seven rounds is enough for the Berreta 1301 Tacital for me.
When I keep looking at the 930 and now the 940 I like the model without the grip too. Never have been able to get used to the pistol grip on shotguns. Even more tempting to buy one of these now since they will of course want to go after them next. :mad:
Main reason I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Shockwave. If the current AG wins the Governor spot he will keep going for more and more to make them a no go here. All the while ignoring the criminal scum of course 🤬

Are your mag-fed shotguns grandfathered in if owned before the "law" went into effect? :s0092:
EVERYTHING they just put a stop to is FOR NOW ok to keep and use. They have not YET started calling for us to come turn in anything. Now if gun owners keep ignoring this? That day will come. For now just no importing it to the state. Which means no buying it here, no buying it in another state and bringing it here ect.

Federal Way Discount Guns has a few semi auto Benelli M4 shotguns on the rack for sale, but they are the straight stock, non retractable variety, as the AWB under the BS 1240 bill in WA quashed any semi auto shotgun with pistol grips and retractable stocks like what's on my LE M4 shotgun, that most are familiar with.
The law says "pistol grips that are independent" so if it's attached it's ok" here's what the Law says on semi automatic rifles. -

IMG_3452.jpeg

The law says "pistol grips that are independent" so if it's attached it's ok" here's what the Law says on semi automatic rifles. -

View attachment 1753487
Sadly what so often happens with poorly made laws like this is they are hard to nail down. This will often cause many to error on the side of safety for them. I just took a look at my favorite distributor to see what they say about this. A Mossy 930 that has the stock that is a pistol grip all together is a no sale to WA state. Now that does not mean a buyer may not find an FFL here to sell them one but, they may find it hard to do. If it was me I also would not buy one out of state and bring it here as I don't want to become a test case.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top