JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know this could be taken care of in one day, its just going to take some AR/sks a few lookouts and lots of ammo and some fast trucks

I would contribute the fast truck: Chevy 1/2 ton with a built 383 stroker and 4:11 rear end! I also would personally contribute, binoculars, beer, ammo and several AR's for said mission!

Show me a reference. I am prepared to call BS!

Google could have saved you

White sturgeon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The threat of toxin bioaccumulation is especially high in Sturgeon meat. Because of its eating habits, sturgeon accumulate toxins in its flesh as it feeds. They feed on any sort of organic material found while scavenging; this includes raw sewage, dead fish, paper mill wastes, and plants sprayed by pesticides. Dioxin is an unintentional byproduct of paper bleaching and pesticides. It is also one of the most commonly found toxins in fish populations. PCB is also found in fish. It is used as a plasticizor in paint, rubber, and plastic products. Before the government ceased its production in 1977, more than 1,500,000,000 pounds (680,000 tonnes) were produced. Mercury is one of the more commonly known toxins found in fish’s flesh. Some have speculated that it is also the most dangerous. Sturgeon and other fish in the Columbia and Willamette rivers have registered 0.35 to 0.50 parts per million. Although most accumulation in Sturgeon happens in the liver, pancreas, and other organs; the toxins still accumulate in the edible flesh. The Oregon Department of fish and Wildlife has issued warnings on all fish caught in the Willamette River. For areas with high mercury levels: (Willamette and Lower Columbia Rivers) “Women of childbearing age, children under six, and people with liver and kidney damage should avoid eating fish from these waters. Healthy adults should eat no more than one eight ounce meal per month.” Also for areas with high concentrations of PCBs, dioxins, and pesticides: (Willamette and Lower Columbia Rivers)

“All persons should reduce or avoid eating fatty parts of fish. Exposure can be reduced by removing the skin and all fat, eggs, and internal organs.”

From pulp plants discharge too:

<broken link removed>

Yea... Lots of good genetics in all those various cultures living along the Carquinez Straights, all eating bottom fish that back then ALSO had a regular diet of raw sewage from most of Northern California.

The more accurate, and telling answer, to a more accurate, and telling question would be...
Where is the empirical evidence of all of those people who also ate those fish that did not have the "right genetics" (as you put it), that died of all sorts of disease due to eating all of those toxic laden fish?
That's right, there is none.

And, where is the present day, current empirical evidence of the people (like me) who currently eat every single tasty morsel of sturgeon, all sorts of bottom fish, clams, crab, mussels, etc. that we can catch and are currently suffering from toxins found in all of these fish?

I'll await your links to all of the empirical evidence on those sick ones out there due to the toxic laden fish. :s0155:

You were eating the good toxins.:s0112:

I usually ignore people who talk to of this while I enjoy eating some tasty, aquatic bottom feeders. I haven't seen anything to convince me to stop.

Chunk the sturgeon in 1" cubes, season lightly w/old bay, dip in eggwash then roll in cracker crumbs and fry w/enough oil to get to the middle of your chunks until tou get the coating the color you like it.:s0155:

Yea... Lots of good genetics in all those various cultures living along the Carquinez Straights, all eating bottom fish that back then ALSO had a regular diet of raw sewage from most of Northern California.

The more accurate, and telling answer, to a more accurate, and telling question would be...
Where is the empirical evidence of all of those people who also ate those fish that did not have the "right genetics" (as you put it), that died of all sorts of disease due to eating all of those toxic laden fish?

And, where is the present day, current empirical evidence of the people (like me) who currently eat every single tasty morsel of sturgeon, all sorts of bottom fish, clams, crab, mussels, etc. that we can catch and are currently suffering from toxins found in all of these fish?

I'll await your links to all of the empirical evidence on those sick ones out there due to the toxic laden fish. :s0155:

Now... I'm not saying that it is not an issue to consider, and or be concerned about. However, what I am stating is that it is blown far out of proportion for a reason, and the reason is, is that they do not want humans fishing, plain and simple

We had a situation in our area where a beach was permanently closed because it was deemed polluted with fecal coliform. In fact it did test positive for the toxin, but because the sample was taken where over 150 geese had been hanging out on. It was closed under a false pretense. Wise and astute home owners along that are knew better and ordered their own testing. Guess what? That's right, the area tested near zero. Before it hit the newspapers it was all buried by the powers in charge and signs were taken away that had once stated the beach and tidal area was polluted.

If you like eating sh!te and toxins go for for it.. most of us defer

If I needed "saving". Effluent from PAPER MILLS. Hanford not mentioned in your quote. May I also add; Wikipedia is not exactly a scientific source.
Beware of any article that uses the word "toxins" not to mention "many scientists believe". Envioro Nazis would have you believe that our gamefish are downright poison. Why do you suppose that is?:s0155:
Google could have saved you

White sturgeon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From pulp plants discharge too:

<broken link removed>

Now... I'm not saying that it is not an issue to consider, and or be concerned about. However, what I am stating is that it is blown far out of proportion for a reason, and the reason is, is that they do not want humans fishing, plain and simple

We had a situation in our area where a beach was permanently closed because it was deemed polluted with fecal coliform. In fact it did test positive for the toxin, but because the sample was taken where over 150 geese had been hanging out on. It was closed under a false pretense. Wise and astute home owners along that are knew better and ordered their own testing. Guess what? That's right, the area tested near zero. Before it hit the newspapers it was all buried by the powers in charge and signs were taken away that had once stated the beach and tidal area was polluted.

Millions around the world die of cancer every year.. sometimes the answer is right under your nose

If I needed "saving". Effluent from PAPER MILLS. Hanford not mentioned in your quote. May I also add; Wikipedia is not exactly a scientific source.
Beware of any article that uses the word "toxins" not to mention "many scientists believe". Envioro Nazis would have you believe that our gamefish are downright poison. Why do you suppose that is?:s0155:

The links I posted were to scientific blind studies.. your bad

I am so sick of the Sea lion situation. Once again our sturgeon quota is cut down. Boniville pool is closed 2-19-11 and the Willamette opens But you have to know it wont last. When are people goingto pull there heads out and understand the problem. ODFW says the darn Sea lions will take another 10,000 + fish and another 700 oversize ( our grand childern wont see the replacement of these fish) yet we protect these fish eating furbags!
I have a hard time being convinced that California stellar sea lions are indangered, But I am darn sure that Oregon,Washington river lions are in surplus. These things should be classed as a sub-speicies and controlled . the have no place 120+ miles upstream from the ocean.
I understand that everytime the state starts hazing or trapping they get stormed by the hairy armpit tree hugging croud, But WHY oh Why does the state not just pull a black opp. on these nasty beast. they could certainly put a couple riflemen on an elivated position with supressed firearms and ghillie suits and thin these things out.
I for one If I spotted them doing it would dnot be calling the news or whining about it. I would however buy them lunch!

Now you know how us big game hunters feel about the Wolf. Same problem. They take all the game like the sea lions take all the fish. And the wolves are on the endangered list also. REALLY? The Canadian government is going to eliminate a couple thousand wolves by helicopter.

This is not about me liking toxins.
It's about fighting back the over-blown, "studies show" that "maybe" (just maybe) there is a danger, and "maybe" lead bullets "may be" harmful ad nauseum...
And, for the most part the Lemmings swallow it whole.
So many of those studies are biased, but in a society that seems to pride itself on moral relativism should we expect anything less?

Toxins are bad, always.. we can disagree on what they are but if you say all natural materials are safe you are delusional. If you disagree, I can supply a nice cup of them for you to voluntarily ingest and we can prove the point. I am 110% against the federal beast named the EPA, BTW

The links I posted were to scientific blind studies.. your bad
The links you
posted were to a WIKIPEDIA definition and a study In 2002 in support of the Upper Columbia River White Sturgeon Recovery Initiative (UCRWSRI) Contaminants Working Group Sub Committee. I don't believe you know what a blind study is. Note that HANFORD was not mentioned in either of your scholarly references. By your continuous use of the word "Toxins" and your moronic comments followed by specious arguments; One must assume that you
stayed too long at the occupy camp and damaged your brain.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top