JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Gun industry sales slogans. Some were/are pretty cool. Others not so much. Which ones stuck with you, fell flat or got a belly laugh?

...and riddle me this: Which custom gunmaker nearly trademarked the phrase, "Your Rifle is Ready" (when notifying the customer in writing such was the case).

Rigby? Weatherby? Dakota? (Honestly I don't know). I do remember an advertisement displaying a very formally embossed courtesy card with that message..

I believe it was Rigby that used "your rifle is ready". Many years ago while in London I was able to visit their showroom. What an experience, the smell of leather and gun oil mixed in with steel and money.

Good luck on your guesses...but avoid the misfires.

No Misfires.jpg

My guess for "Your rifle is ready" is Griffin and Howe. If I ever win the lottery they will be transffering a few rifles to me - tell then I can only day dream about thier rifles.

"1972: Winchester the way you want it."

"The Remington Automatic Rifle. Loads itself. Big enough for the biggest game."

"Winchester's new .264 Magnum. The Westerner. It makes a helluva noise and packs a helluva wallop!"

"Make mine a Winchester!"

"Marlin. America's Largest Riflemaker since 1870."

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR