JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sorry to hear it wasn't all you hoped- internet rumors spoke of a "Loaded" version in the pipe line:maybe including front strap & back strap treatment and maybe a Yost or Garthwaite style extended safety, so I might wait a while and see if they materialize. Still, seems SA did an ok job at a surprisingly decent price

rumor is Turkey rather than Hungary for the forgings, but I don't think anyone has t come up with a definitive answer

At the prices that I've seen lately post-crazyness, you'd be hard pressed to find a good base gun for less. New trigger, spring kit, and a no-bite hammer and I'd be quite happy. That's probably $125 in parts and labor. Still only $825 to $850, which is far cheaper than a Browning/FN. The finish could be dealt with later as needed.
Hey Gerts !
From your time in bed with this one, do the internals appear to be interchangeable with other make HP's, or do the problems go beyond a simple fix like that ?

Hey Gerts !
From your time in bed with this one, do the internals appear to be interchangeable with other make HP's, or do the problems go beyond a simple fix like that ?
It's my understanding the SA35 is compatible with BHP parts. I think the one I got was closer to ideal than my Mk3 was out of the box. However, I've already been down that road with the Mk3 and now it's just how I like it. I wasn't really wanting to do another overhaul.

I got my SA-35 yesterday and shot it today. On opening the box I found the gun and one magazine in a pouch. Also a card that said among other things that if I wanted a paper owners manual I needed to call an 800 number. There was portion of the box I could open marked accessories but when I open it all that was in there was the dumb cable lock. When I got it home I got on line but couldn't get the on-line manual to work for me so turned to U-Tube for dis assembly instructions. I got it apart, cleaned and lubed up. It was bone dry when I got it and felt a little rough just working the slide. CLP and rags took care of that and I got it back together and it was working much smoother. Today at the range I shot a few magazines of different types of ammo more to familiarize me with the gun and see how it runs. No problems, it shot it all just fine. I thought the trigger was just fine and the only thing I didn't like was the hammer didn't bite me but I could tell it wanted to. I got a little hot spot but no blood or blister. When I held the gun cup and saucer no more hot spot. Over-all I like it and think it's a keeper. I did call the 800 number for the owners manual, and to register the gun in the lifetime warranty program and order 2 more magazines.No problem shipping the 15 round magazines to Oregon.

Well I took my wife shooting with the SA-35 and she lit up like a Christmas tree once she started to get some rounds down range. It didn't take her long to figure out the Magula mag loader and she ran through 5 mags bouncing a pop can around the gravel pile. So I gave it to her, I'd rather shoot my CZ anyway. As they say, happy wife, happy life.

Well I took my wife shooting with the SA-35 and she lit up like a Christmas tree once she started to get some rounds down range. It didn't take her long to figure out the Magula mag loader and she ran through 5 mags bouncing a pop can around the gravel pile. So I gave it to her, I'd rather shoot my CZ anyway. As they say, happy wife, happy life.
My experience is similar.. every gal I've let shoot a Hi-Power said, "That's a good gun!" or the like.. and they all found them very easy to shoot well.

My experience is similar.. every gal I've let shoot a Hi-Power said, "That's a good gun!" or the like.. and they all found them very easy to shoot well.
Ya know in all of the Macho-Man reviews not one mentioned this. It is easy to shoot accurately but a tad small for my 3XL hands but fits my wifes hand like it was made for her.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top