JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I never like the look of laminate. I did own a Marlin 32AS SS but had to sell it for vet bills. But SS with lighter color wood finish looks sharp.
This laminate...
I could tolerate it better if it was wood-colored, as in all the plies being dark wood colored. Just like the color of Ruger's laminated Blackhawk grips. It can be done.

I have tried unsuccessfully to stain this silver and black laminate to a more uniform, darker finish. This laminate will absorb no stain whatsoever. These laminates are quite impervious. That's also what makes them a good choice for harsh weather use.

It seems that even with some "true blue" JM Marlins' prices rising, the Ruglins are similarly priced.

Why buy a Ruger when an actual Marlin can be had at comparable expense? (Unless of course it's that "gotta be brand new" affliction.)

Ruger should put on their Big Boy pants and build me a shiny new Model 1889. :cool:

1707605423461.jpeg

I'm somewhat surprised by all of the new lever action rifles. Heck, even S&W is joining the fray.
But I am always drawn to the gun show tables that have the cherished old guns like Spitpatch shows above.
New guns just don't have the look of an honest tool. They are usually all gussied up with trendy items and "features".

This laminate...
I could tolerate it better if it was wood-colored, as in all the plies being dark wood colored. Just like the color of Ruger's laminated Blackhawk grips. It can be done.

I have tried unsuccessfully to stain this silver and black laminate to a more uniform, darker finish. This laminate will absorb no stain whatsoever. These laminates are quite impervious. That's also what makes them a good choice for harsh weather use.
I like most laminates, including the green camo ones - not a fan of the Red/White/Blue or other competition bright color stocks. But those laminate stocks sure do seem heavy, and I am not a fan of weight for any of my guns.

Nice to see the 30/30. I've got an 1895Sbl (Ruger) and love it. Be cool to see them bring back all of their older cool chamberings. I've got lots of older Marlins but this SBL theme is sure nice for our wet woods.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews