JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just finished this one yesterday, all Kidd parts with a Feddersen barrel and a Titan stock and a bushnell 4x20 scope.
Hope to get out and shoot it in the next few days.
izj5AGP.jpg

So, here's what I'm doodling so far...

Receiver: Brownells BRN22 w/rail
Bolt: Ruger B-10C factory (BRN22 doesn't take many aftermarkets)
Bolt Stop Pin: Ruger B-46
Receiver Crosspins: Tandemkross
Triggerguard Assy: Ruger BX-Trigger (don't like the light pull but Midwest chassis doesn't fit most aftermarkets)
Charging Handle/Oprod Assy: Undecided--I shoot lefty but charge with my right hand... suggestions? Tandemkross doesn't work with integral-rail receivers

Takedown Chassis: Midwest 1022TDC
Stock adapter: KNS AR-1913 adapter with MI STAP-SF folding AR-style tube
Stocks: SBA3 for pistol, undecided for rifle
Grip: FAB AGF-43S folder

Handguards: Midwest RC4875 for short pistol, 10228H long pistol, 102213H rifle
Barrels: short pistol Ruger 22 Charger, 10" long pistol ?, rifle TacSol 1022TDM (pistol barrels on Pike Arms takedown hardware kits)
Sights: AR-style BUIS for long pistol and rifle, unsure for short pistol

Do takedowns use the same V-block as standard? And what else am I missing?

Just finished this one yesterday, all Kidd parts with a Feddersen barrel and a Titan stock and a bushnell 4x20 scope.
Hope to get out and shoot it in the next few days.
View attachment 1063910
I think you're going to really enjoy it. Ammo tests from a very similar build (prone with bipod, 10 rounds each)

FB0A432F-D879-4065-A182-9B3F62572644.jpeg

Mine REALLY likes CCI clean, which was kind of a surprise. Decent out of the Velocitors…not that I hunt but it's nice to know it'd be an option.

So, here's what I'm doodling so far...

Receiver: Brownells BRN22 w/rail
Bolt: Ruger B-10C factory (BRN22 doesn't take many aftermarkets)
Bolt Stop Pin: Ruger B-46
Receiver Crosspins: Tandemkross
Triggerguard Assy: Ruger BX-Trigger (don't like the light pull but Midwest chassis doesn't fit most aftermarkets)
Charging Handle/Oprod Assy: Undecided--I shoot lefty but charge with my right hand... suggestions? Tandemkross doesn't work with integral-rail receivers

Takedown Chassis: Midwest 1022TDC
Stock adapter: KNS AR-1913 adapter with MI STAP-SF folding AR-style tube
Stocks: SBA3 for pistol, undecided for rifle
Grip: FAB AGF-43S folder

Handguards: Midwest RC4875 for short pistol, 10228H long pistol, 102213H rifle
Barrels: short pistol Ruger 22 Charger, 10" long pistol ?, rifle TacSol 1022TDM (pistol barrels on Pike Arms takedown hardware kits)
Sights: AR-style BUIS for long pistol and rifle, unsure for short pistol

Do takedowns use the same V-block as standard? And what else am I missing?
The Tandemkross twister stock bolt looks like a good idea . Mag release is something I honestly can't nail down, the redesigned and aftermarket ones all work well. And I'm so used to the OG push button version, that I rarely notice it being a PITA. Bolt release mod with a dremel is easy enough if you didn't get an "improved " one already .

Besides that, just buy mags!!
20210328_184225.jpg 20210328_184309.jpg

The Tandemkross twister stock bolt looks like a good idea . Mag release is something I honestly can't nail down, the redesigned and aftermarket ones all work well. And I'm so used to the OG push button version, that I rarely notice it being a PITA. Bolt release mod with a dremel is easy enough if you didn't get an "improved " one already .

Besides that, just buy mags!!
View attachment 1063936View attachment 1063935
You're missing some:

https://www.tandemkross.com/DoubleKross-Magazine-Body-for-Ruger®-1022®_p_226.html

You're missing some:

https://www.tandemkross.com/DoubleKross-Magazine-Body-for-Ruger®-1022®_p_226.html
I was looking at the Alangator triple--rack three mags at once and just rotate the empty out and a fresh in. Mag release, I was hoping that's already in the BX-Trigger kit since I'm trying to deal with small-parts-intensive stuff as factory preassembled units. :)

My last 10-22 I bought the factory target version with the heavy barrel and target laminate stock. Threw some decent glass on it and it shoots quite well. I know sky is the limit when it comes to 10-22 mods, I just didn't want to drop 2 grand on a .22.

My last 10-22 I bought the factory target version with the heavy barrel and target laminate stock. Threw some decent glass on it and it shoots quite well. I know sky is the limit when it comes to 10-22 mods, I just didn't want to drop 2 grand on a .22.
Neither do I, frankly... right now I'm thinking look for a "minus receiver" partskit as a startpoint and then add my own, rework over time.

@Diamondback, somehow I missed this thread a couple years back. Did you ever get your Midwest chassis for your takedown? If not, I bought a takedown model from them erroneously and would make you a heck of a deal on it because I cannot return it and do not have a takedown 10/22.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top