JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
1st off I'm a plinker, I prize reliability over small groups. I"m good with minute of pop can,you might say.
Florence Bimart has had some boxes of the REm's on hand but I shunned them as in the past I learned to hate them .

However after a friend loaned me a dozen to run thru my plain jane 1022,I thought 'ok, that wasn't terrible'.
..so today I picked up a box and shot them along with my favorites, Fed. auto match ,another 'ok' round I like because of price .
....Danged if the Remmys were''nt a huge surprise to me ! by sound they were very consistant, and with my cheap red dot they picked off chunks of clays ,at 30 yds as if guided by laser .!

I like 'em !! fo six cents a round ammo they git er done .

Years ago, I thought the Golden Bullets were a pretty good cartridge. Then they seemed to get less reliable. After a few years of less reliable, I noticed the new boxes coming out said something like "new and improved". I think I have some of those somewhere but haven't shot them yet. I've been shooting mostly CCI mini-mags of late. The Remington Thunderbolts were the ones I considered absolute garbage.

The Remington Golden Bullets have seemed to work well for me and most of my .22's.
The Remington "Thunder Bolts" however were a different story...Just awful .

In any event...always nice to find a .22 loading that works well ..and is available as well as affordable.
Andy

Last Edited:
The Remington Golden Bullets have seemed to work well for me and most of my .22's.
The Remington "Thunder Bolts" however were a different story...Just awful .

In any event...always nice to find a .22 loading that works well ..and is available as well as affordable.
Andy
I shot thru bricks of Thunderbolts before I "learned" that they were bad. I say "learned", because they had never given me any problem, but I heard lots of complaints. I believe I had more issues with the Peters branded 22LR. I did eventually have more issues with the Thunderbolts, the biggest being dirtier than normal and a few duds or underloaded rounds.

That stuff never bothers me too much, but the brand new Remington 7mm-08 that only went "click" when my wife had a nice buck in her sights rattled my cage...
Nice to hear that the new stuff is better than the old stuff. It's not common for that to happen anymore.

I shot thru bricks of Thunderbolts before I "learned" that they were bad. I say "learned", because they had never given me any problem, but I heard lots of complaints. I believe I had more issues with the Peters branded 22LR. I did eventually have more issues with the Thunderbolts, the biggest being dirtier than normal and a few duds or underloaded rounds.

That stuff never bothers me too much, but the brand new Remington 7mm-08 that only went "click" when my wife had a nice bucks in her sights rattled my cage...
Nice to hear that the new stuff is better than the old stuff. It's not common for that to happen anymore.
Lots of failure to fire...and if they fire..very dirty ammo was my experience with Thunderbolts.
The "New" Peters ...eww weird writing that and reading that...:eek: :D.....
Were much the same , at least for me.

A new rifle going click when needing to go bang...is never racking indeed...
Ever figure out the why here...?
Andy

Lots of failure to fire...and if they fire..very dirty ammo was my experience with Thunderbolts.
The "New" Peters ...eww weird writing that and reading that...:eek: :D.....
Were much the same , at least for me.

A new rifle going click when needing to go bang...is never racking indeed...
Ever figure out the why here...?
Andy
Yes, bad primer.
I pulled the case down and it had a proper amount of powder. Put the case back in the gun and gave the primer another hit. Nothing.
She hunted with Hornady American Whitetail last year and didn't have time to sight in the rifle before the hunt. I wasn't too concerned as she wouldn't be shooting 50 yards.
She shot once.

Linda and buck 2023.jpg

Through the many years of panic I bought a lot of the Rem in the plastic 100 packs that always were fine. I gave up buying the same stuff in the bulk. Not sure if the bulk is actually different ammo, or something about how its handled? The bulk stuff has always been a disappointment to the point I just stopped bothering to buy it. Now it has been a long time since I tried.

Years ago while teaching the kids gun safety and how to shoot, I used whatever ammo I could find for the 1022 deluxe. It generally would shoot almost everything except the Remington thunderbolts. I never bought another box of them and traded off the brick that I had opened.
Since then I've hoarded American, CCI and federal black box religiously.

And the way I think about most things is, first time shame on you, second time shame on me.

Yes, bad primer.
I pulled the case down and it had a proper amount of powder. Put the case back in the gun and gave the primer another hit. Nothing.
She hunted with Hornady American Whitetail last year and didn't have time to sight in the rifle before the hunt. I wasn't too concerned as she wouldn't be shooting 50 yards.
She shot once.

View attachment 1862439
Hdy American Whitetail is loaded with their interlock bullets. Secant ogive, fairly accurate and very effective on deer down to 1800 fps. Never had an issue with their factory loads, but I almost always hand load, so haven't fired very man.

Props on the Addicted Fishing hoody.

Finding a 22LR brand/selection that WORKS (in your particular firearm) is one of the keys to happiness.

My Walther P22 loves the Rems but hates the CCI. Go figure. Or.....forget about all of this and just go shoot and be happy. Not to mention that the Rems are usually cheaper.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads