JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Alrighty,

Our first Steel Challenge match of 2023 will be Jan 14th.

We're going to try to run it similarly to Rimfire Challenge where you can run either your PCC, a standard pistol, or both.

4 stages for PCC, 4 stages for pistol. 325 rounds should get you through the full COF. The match fee is $10 for one gun or $15 for two. We will do awards and prizes but no lunch I'm afraid.

Here's the registration link:

FYI - Feb will be a rimfire precision match. Mar will be a rimfire two-gun match and Apr will be the traditional Rimfire Challenge. All on the 2nd Saturday of the month.

I was SO looking forward to this one, and now I have to back out because I'm having major back surgery on the 11th. The only way I'll still be able to do it is if they push my surgery back to the 21st (which is still possible of course).

@Kimber Custom, we noticed this match allows for both pistol and PCC's.

The last PCC match just had 4 bays. Are there 8 bays this time (2 ranges) more like the standard rimfire challenge?

I ask, because a buddy of mine was going to shoot his pistol and me my PCC. Just wanted to know if we wanted to shoot together, do I also needed to shoot pistol or are they shooting in the same bays?

Last Edited:
@Kimber Custom, we noticed this match allows for both pistol and PCC's.

The last PCC match just had 4 bays. Are there 8 bays this time (2 ranges) more like the standard rimfire challenge?

I ask, because a buddy of mine was going to shoot his pistol and me my PCC. Just wanted to know if we wanted to shoot together, do I also needed to shoot pistol or are they shooting in the same bays?
The current plan (subject to change) is to use the same targets for pistol and PCC so each squad will shoot each stage twice. Once with PCC and once with pistol. Sharing equipment should still be an easy option.

Is it too late to sign up? Never done a match, have done plenty of classes on my own and for work.

Edit: Do we have time to check zeros before the match?

Last Edited:
Just want to be rule compliant.

IMG_8919[1].JPG

Kimber Custom runs a tight ship with regards to all pertinent safety rules, but he bills it as a "family type" match that is intended to be a fun match for all ages and skill levels. This is not a sanctioned match, so no one is going going over the rule book with a fine tooth comb for strict compliance.

Just show up with a safe and positive attitude, run what you brought and above all just have fun.

@Savage Jav jump on squad 1 if you can. There is at least one fellow member here on the forum in that squad and he can "mentor" you and get you all squared away.

Tell them you are are a match newbie and that you are also a member on NWFA.
Lots of good folks there that would be more than happy to make sure you have a smooth match. Good luck and be sure to report back on how it went!

@Savage Jav jump on squad 1 if you can. There is at least one fellow member here on the forum in that squad and he can "mentor" you and get you all squared away.

Tell them you are are a match newbie and that you are also a member on NWFA.
Lots of good folks there that would be more than happy to make sure you have a smooth match. Good luck and be sure to report back on how it went!
Missed out on this message, Id love to shoot with more NWfirearms members.

Match was great, did much better than I thought. Will do again

Thanks to all that took part today, Keep in mind this was my first match stepping up as a "Match Director".
Yes I built some tuff stages and fun stages for all types..
Feed back is important to me moving forward with this match let me know what you thought I'm aware of the "Slow" squad but we made it work by jumping around the order..
results are posted

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads