JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bend got the run-of-the-mill Kali-kooks. All the really weird ones moved to the Portland area.
You mean like this guy (posted yesterday in next door)? :(

79070C10-6E29-4565-AC1A-CB011AD576E9.png
1384F0D1-0B52-4493-9BA5-9140DC88964B.jpeg

View attachment 1771231
View attachment 1771232
Is that a guy writing? I saw that this morning, and read about a third of it. I thought that it HAD to be a woman.

I feel somewhat ashamed that I get up and look at next door. It's hard to believe that there are so many people that throw that random crap out there every day.

View attachment 1771231
View attachment 1771232
Not that it matters... but unless it was corroborated by one of her other neighbors... it sure reads too "textbook" like a Karen trying it make a point and get attention. Bend may be no picnic, but even there... LEO's are required to investigate serious homicidal threats so "some" degree.. vs. just a completely blow off as indicated.

Remembering that just because a person is a neighbor doesn't mean they aren't "unhinged".

[Non firearm or 114 related anecdote]

I'm no longer on it, but at one time I was on nextdoor in our area and had a reminder that owning a home doesn't preclude anyone from being a nitwit... prone to make believe for attention.

It was one night reported that a drone with a spotlight had been hovering just outside of their daughters upstairs window and got everyone into an outrage.

In fact... during that time period MY drone was the only one in the air. I posted the entire flight path of each of the 3 flights that night. Complete with time stamps, GPS coordinates, altitude, etc... that didn't go within 1 mile of the persons home and never flew below 400ft except take-off and landing. They were also claiming the only light was the spotlight. While mine is not so equipped (not to mention a spotlight on a window at night creates a light reflection that prohibits a camera from seeing inside)... and the flight panel display showed that all 4 (blue and red) navigation lights and navigation strobe were active at all times.

There had been a suspicious running vehicle with it's lights off parked at our mailboxes for an extended period. 2 individuals departed from it and walked in different directions up 2 streets. Apparently "casing" homes and vehicles(?). Just a block up one of the roads someone's car alarm went off and one of the individuals came running back from that direction, hopped in the car and the car sped off without it's lights on.

UP went the drone, we called the non emergency line to report the activity and proceeded to track their vehicle and similar activities through the neighborhood over the next hour+ until a cruiser showed up in the area, pulled them over and investigated.

No idea if LE took any action that night (last battery was dying) but I did offer them the full HD video footage on a thumbdrive... showing the guys on foot checking various vehicles and prowling around the sides of houses... which they declined.

It sure shut up the "Ken" claiming his teenage daughter's privacy was being violated, though.

Last Edited:
Just caught this on REDDIT -

Today, Judge Raschio issued a letter in response to the objections stating, "It appears to the court that the defendants are requesting the court hold hearing prior to signing final order which was scheduled for December 8, 2023. The plaintiffs have right to be heard on these objections prior to final judgment being enter in the record. As result, there will be delay in the court's final entry of judgment anticipated on December 8, 2023, based upon the defendants' objections, to allow time for hearing. . . within 30 days of December 4, 2023. The court will hold the hearing on January 2, 2024 from 9:30 AM until 12:00 PM."

Imo probably just going to result in an explanation from the judge on the fbi unwilling to do background checks issue.

State will say fbi gave them a "waiver/grace period" or whatever they call it. Judge will explain his previous ruling and/or remove that portion from his ruling. He will explain whether that effects the "30 day delay" and how. I think that's all that will come out of it. The rest of the ruling (and maybe even that part) will stand.

It's probably better to get that portion settled now so state can't use it on the appeal. It is something that stood out cuz fbi made that change near the end and his judgement seems to be made without that in mind (he did say along the way he wouldn't consider it and go only on what was before him in the trial).

Imo probably just going to result in an explanation from the judge on the fbi unwilling to do background checks issue.

State will say fbi gave them a "waiver/grace period" or whatever they call it. Judge will explain his previous ruling and/or remove that portion from his ruling. He will explain whether that effects the "30 day delay" and how. I think that's all that will come out of it. The rest of the ruling (and maybe even that part) will stand.

It's probably better to get that portion settled now so state can't use it on the appeal. It is something that stood out cuz fbi made that change near the end and his judgement seems to be made without that in mind (he did say along the way he wouldn't consider it and go only on what was before him in the trial).
Likely so, but it's not even final if they "can" or not. Announcing that OR's AG and the feebs have reached an agreement and stating that they are "willing" is still pending on final approval and review by the DOJ to allow it or not.

Basically, they have to convince the DOJ that OR's AG's assurances that, despite what the law says, they will not allow anyone not authorized access to that info... before they can approve the feebs to bypass federal laws on the issue.

As politically motived as the DOJ is these days... I have no doubt they will allow it. After all.... it doesn't matter what the law says... as long as OR says... "but we won't do that"... it's perfectly fine to sidestep federal laws prohibiting it.

If they do it may make it ripe for challenge. If it's allowed for OR, you can bet other states will start implementing it. Basically... a backdoor to Universal BGC's.

As for impact on 114. Even if he agrees to remove that portion of his ruling it wasn't the only element considered when making his ruling and overall, the permanent stay is still on track, IMHO.

It will be easy to construct the reasonable argument that, from the day you submit your application for "permit to purchase a firearm" to the day you take possession of that firearm, will be 30 days or longer. That delay, for all intents and purposes, is a denial of 2nd amendment rights.

It will be easy to construct the reasonable argument that, from the day you submit your application for "permit to purchase a firearm" to the day you take possession of that firearm, will be 30 days or longer. That delay, for all intents and purposes, is a denial of 2nd amendment rights.
THIS ^^^.

And said denial will be at that time against persons WITH STANDING.

OK, so what does this mean? Good or bad?
From the other thread on M114:
Below is a William Kirk video that helps explain what it means. I suspect that Rosenblum is being told she can't resign until she sets up the supremes for the appeal. IMO, she might as well just resign now so we can start collecting information on who we're running against.

"... watch them carefully because do not be surprised if 114 rears its ugly head with a Senate bill or a house bill number in front of it."

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but anyone who thinks that "they're not coming for your guns" is extremely disconnected from reality. They are absolutely in the process of coming for your guns and are attempting every legal means necessary to take them and your 2A rights away from you.

"... watch them carefully because do not be surprised if 114 rears its ugly head with a Senate bill or a house bill number in front of it."

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but anyone who thinks that "they're not coming for your guns" is extremely disconnected from reality. They are absolutely in the process of coming for your guns and are attempting every legal means necessary to take them and your 2A rights away from you.
And with the anti2A Party trying their best to remove or force either (or both) Alito and Thomas to retire from SCOTUS; it's not just the specific States but also at a Federal level.

The short session is supposed to be only for budgetary legislation. The are taking up the debacle of M110 from earlier years, but for the most part, I don't expect it this coming session. However, there are 3 Oregon supreme court justices up for re-election, or possibly replacement prior to the election, plus we have the rest of the primaries coming up in May. If you want to have an impact, don't sit on your lazy asses for the primaries.

In fact, there is a Western Liberty Network presentation this coming Tuesday evening at the Honkey Tonk in Salem at 6pm. We can all keep playing catch-up with endless lawsuit funding drives and bubbleguming about how we're getting screwed, or we can go on the offense. Western Liberty Network

The short session is supposed to be only for budgetary legislation. The are taking up the debacle of M110 from earlier years, but for the most part, I don't expect it this coming session. However, there are 3 Oregon supreme court justices up for re-election, or possibly replacement prior to the election, plus we have the rest of the primaries coming up in May. If you want to have an impact, don't sit on your lazy asses for the primaries.

In fact, there is a Western Liberty Network presentation this coming Tuesday evening at the Honkey Tonk in Salem at 6pm. We can all keep playing catch-up with endless lawsuit funding drives and bubbleguming about how we're getting screwed, or we can go on the offense. Western Liberty Network
"Supposed to" is meaningless for legislators now. Not supposed to ring the fire alarm, not supposed to delete a random insurance bill and replace it with an AWB, not supposed to use emergency clause like WA did for their anti-gun law, and on and on. Anything they can do to control guns, they will, no matter if they are supposed to, it's illegal, or the constitution specifically says they can't. Politicians are scum of the earth and some of them are bound and determined to remove individual's freedoms and rights.

"Supposed to" is meaningless for legislators now. Not supposed to ring the fire alarm, not supposed to delete a random insurance bill and replace it with an AWB, not supposed to use emergency clause like WA did for their anti-gun law, and on and on. Anything they can do to control guns, they will, no matter if they are supposed to, it's illegal, or the constitution specifically says they can't. Politicians are scum of the earth and some of them are bound and determined to remove individual's freedoms and rights.
I really don't see any mandate for them to bring something out this coming session. With the 9th committed to reviewing Duncan V Bonta the week of March 18th, it doesn't seem logical for the Oregon Dems to bring something up before that happens. I doubt the Oregon Supremes will have heard the Bonita Raschio decision by the time the session is over on March 10th. It just doesn't make sense.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top