JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Every self proclaimed operator always states that one is none and two is one. Now, apply that to a tape measure, or a set of nail clippers, or even a phone charger. The more of these things I have, the more I'm looking for them. When it comes to my personal protection firearm, I alway know where it's at. All that other sh!t I have multiples of, I am constantly looking for them and buying more of them.

I use my carry piece all the time, know how it acts when dirty, angry, or dry. Maintain as needed, but alway know where it is and in what loaded condition it is in. If I had multiples around the house I'd be concerned that it would get a relaxed treatment and treated like those other examples.

Maph iz hard 😬
Plug those suckers in around the house and leave them there.
I live in Orygun, that'z illegal. Seriously, I get having backup sh!t but the important stuff a person needs to know at all times where it's at. Maybe it's just me but, I'm confident I'm not the only one who is always looking for something they know they have multiples of.

Looks at my 2 industrial sized sewing machines, and my 2 kids.... :s0064: heck I have a project Singer 31-15 that's almost the exact same as the 31-20 I use, just different bobbins/bobbin cases/shuttle assembly. 2 Singer 15-91s... :s0064: 2 slightly different 16" ARs :D

Quadruple copies
You're obviously speaking above my level of knowledge of sewing and darning. I'd assume as much as those machines weigh, they are in a different category than the portable items I previously described.

Almost all of my guns except my 2 carry guns are in safes.

I have a decent collection of both folding and fixed blade knives and I know where every single one of them are (and they are not all in the same place).

I haven multiples of many camping/hiking gear that I know where it all is.

I guess just do you and don't worry about everyone else? That's how I roll at least and it works for me.

It helps to have a whole system of organizing items and things in their places. We have multiple phone chargers too, but they're for the specific devices that we use.. a tablet, 2 regular "smartphones", a night light for the youngest, and a beater older smartphone that doesn't have a SIM card for the oldest, and then there are the few other devices that uses the same cables

You know where you keep things you actually value. Since phone chargers and nail clippers are a dollar a piece at your favorite Kwik-E-Mart and you have a dozen of each, they hold no value so you don't really care about their whereabouts. If they cost $1000/each, I bet you'd stop losing track overnight

Or maybe you just need a Snickers :s0118:

That phrase has nothing to do with having multiples of the same thing because you'll always have one when you need one. It's about redundant capability, not redundant gear.

If you don't understand that, which is evident by the thread, ask yourself if you're actually willing to learn, or just complain to a group that something doesn't make sense to you?

Like many things....
Having multiple items can be helpful.
Commonly used items like TP , socks , etc...very good to extras...
Multiple lovers....not so much...wait...wrong forum.... :eek: :D

On a more serious firearm note....
Extra magazines , if your firearm uses them...are good to have extras of...
Ammo....multiple boxes / cases of... again good to have extras of....
Extras of the same or damn near the same firearm....ehh...
I suppose...if...you want and can afford to do so.

In any event ...
It always best to do what works for you and your situation...and not what works for the other guy and his situation
Andy

You could just have one AR and some cargo pants stuffed with spare bolts. Buy one of each color.

1 is 0.

8 is 7.

AR15 Cryptic Coatings Bolts.jpg
1713879360771.png
1713883813610.png

Last Edited:
That phrase has nothing to do with having multiples of the same thing because you'll always have one when you need one. It's about redundant capability, not redundant gear.

If you don't understand that, which is evident by the thread, ask yourself if you're actually willing to learn, or just complain to a group that something doesn't make sense to you?
Exactly. I'd add that this old saying has been around for a while and has exactly zero to do with "self-proclaimed operators."

Anyone who's been in the military, law enforcement or even as a citizen, who's had to go into bad places for serious purposes understands well that gear, equipment, weapons go down and there's often a need to fill the hole pretty damn quick.

Coincidentally, I just broke my toenail clippers recently and couldn't find a spare set anywhere in the house.

One is none...

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top