JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Or at least you'd think it should be simple. Can I sell an AR 15 UPPER in WA? I've pored over the latest fiasco of legislation, and really can't tell what is and isn't legal, which I'm quite sure was intentional. But I have 2 uppers that I no longer need, and I'd like to know just where I can sell them. Thanks.

Dave

Or at least you'd think it should be simple. Can I sell an AR 15 UPPER in WA? I've pored over the latest fiasco of legislation, and really can't tell what is and isn't legal, which I'm quite sure was intentional. But I have 2 uppers that I no longer need, and I'd like to know just where I can sell them. Thanks.

Dave
Yes.

You won't get a good answer here.

There isn't one.

In my read of the laws I do not believe it is technically illegal to sell an upper or most other AR parts in WA state, and for ARs the only things that are substantially banned are lowers and complete weapons. But no one really wants to be the test case here.

Last Edited:
A replacement part is a replacement part. The law was built around building a new firearm. As such the general interpretation is that parts do not make a firearm. They are parts. Replacement parts for any firearm are legal. therefore even a lower is technically still a part.

Now if you were to buy a lower receiver, a lower parts kit, and completed upper and stock, handguard, etc. You are building a new firearm and hence that is illegal. Buying an upper is a spare part. Buying a spare lower receiver for my already in possession before the stupid law passed is still a part. It transfers as an other since it has a serial number.
The burden is to prove you purchased for the purpose of making a NEW firearm not as an additional part for your existing.

Not all suppliers have this allowed, and there are too many lawyers running scared doing the work of the anti-gunners for them by not selling to people parts. (Or ammo for that matter!)

List it for sale and move on. There has been plenty of discussion on this both on Waguns and here on NWF.

Can you buy a brace? I've been researching this but have not found anything that prohibits buying a new brace for an existing pistol.
Sadly there is "can" and there is "will anyone sell you one" here. The clown of an AG here has done a GREAT job getting those who sell stuff to just refuse. A LOT of gun owners stomp their feet and yell boycott while ignoring the fact that a LOT of them voted for this mess. Now they want others to stick their neck out since they could not be bothered. We are getting just what we deserve here and will continue to get it until enough pain is felt to get more of us to stop ignoring it. In the meantime the rest of us can keep fighting, or move. For now we have to do the best we can.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top