JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I participate in a few gun forums, but no fb, twit, insta, or any of the others.

Am I still subject to being monitored, yes.

Do I care? Yeah sure, a little, but not very much.

If what I post isn't some gov't officials cup of tea, well, I think we still live in the U.S. though it's freedoms are always under attack by the left, I don't worry about it.

I participate in a few gun forums, but no fb, twit, insta, or any of the others.

Am I still subject to being monitored, yes.

Do I care? Yeah sure, a little, but not very much.

If what I post isn't some gov't officials cup of tea, well, I think we still live in the U.S. though it's freedoms are always under attack by the left, I don't worry about it.

But dude, you're in Texas, come try up here for a few years. YOU'LL learn you need to be careful what bumper stickers, decals and lawn sign you display. Yes you will.

While I have no doubt that at times here at NWFA we are screened or subjected to random searches for certain key words or phrases...and while I ain't happy about ... I also don't think that anything I post is dangerous or subversive enough to warrant attention.

Again is this prying into peoples affairs right...? I say no...but if you are on any internet forum , when you buy a product online or if you do a internet search , etc ... You are , like it or not , in someone's data base.

That said it is important to be careful with what you post and just how you phrase statements....Anything can be taken out of context and with enough "creative editing or license " , a statement can be made to be seen as anything anyone wants it to be seen as.
Andy

I'm not worried about social media. I have very limited exposure and most of what I have is here. IMHO most of us should worry more about our credit card on line purchases. If you don't think they can track that then your mistaken.

IP address. Bookface can suck up anything digital about you. You don't have to have an account with them. If you even visit someone's FB page they start a file on you.

I have only ever been concerned about employers seeing what I put on FB, or what my naive kids/grandkids put out there. Can come back to bite them in the butt.

But what kind of access do employers really have to FB data? If they can't find someone on a FB search, can they still get into an account with a nickname, etc?

I wonder what the libtards will do when folks like me have NO social media history.

God said your life is your own, and your body is a temple. The shadow people have been collect EVERY bit of social media for a reason, and its not a good one.

So I like my social history, like the Libs like their voters....

Undocumented.

Uhhhhhhhhh, so what's nw firearms??? Your busted:p

See.....1917

Makes one want to be able to do a comment wipe as efficiently as the mods can.

Mass surveillance in East Germany - Wikipedia
This^^^

I keep beating the drum, pay close attention folks, history is desperately trying to repeat itself...

As the generation that fought these scourages pass, and educational facilities don't teach honest history, we are destined to repeat the artrocities of the past. We, as parents and grandparents, have a responsibility to educate the young ones in our family to the truths about history...

Web Crawlers are constantly probing sites for information to funnel into search engines. That is the very nature of the web. No way to stop it and remain online. Amazon is perhaps one of the more interesting crawlers. It offers the ability to: Crawlbot allows you to apply either our Automatic APIs or your own Custom API to intelligently extract structured data from an entire site. Whether for product pricing data, historical weather, content migration or even three years of Hacker News archives, Crawlbot recognizes the right pages and structures them accordingly, and provides the output to you in JSON or CSV format for easy processing.

Gun Bill To Require Buyers To Hand Over Social Media Passwords & Search History

snippet:

The bill, drafted by state Senator Kevin Parker and Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, would give state officials the ability to review up to three years worth of internet search history, reports WKBW Buffalo.

Providing more information on the newly-drafted bill, Rochester First is reporting that the search history will come from major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

Also, anyone applying for, or renewing a pistol permit would have to give up all login information, including passwords, for any social media sites they're a part of.

Gun Bill To Require Buyers To Hand Over Social Media Passwords & Search History

snippet:

The bill, drafted by state Senator Kevin Parker and Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, would give state officials the ability to review up to three years worth of internet search history, reports WKBW Buffalo.

Providing more information on the newly-drafted bill, Rochester First is reporting that the search history will come from major search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

Also, anyone applying for, or renewing a pistol permit would have to give up all login information, including passwords, for any social media sites they're a part of.
This is some Orwellian BS. And this mindset is spreading like a virus. Please delete this after I am done;)

Couldn't regulate the net like they wanted so now we will source that to the end user.

All this artificial difficulty red tape. Really hoping this doesn't gain traction elsewhere in the nation.

I mean what can they legally define as damning to prevent said purchase? a post? an IP? looking up a video on youtube? being a member or frequent visitor of a site?

Since you are a paying member of the NRA and made a post of NWF you are hereby banned from this purchase of a handgun. Wouldn't want you becoming a radical! THINK OF CHILLINS!
At this rate its not even about public safety its about restricting rights just to spite opposition and using the populace as cattle all under some thinly veiled form of totalitarian control. This is what happens when you elect people with no real world experience and give them the key.

REMEMBER THIS OREGON!

-This member was banned for wrong think and posting on a blacklisted site for expressing individualism opposing status quo-

Last Edited:
3 years of internet search history?
You betcha. On what planet?
My history is turned off and I clear everything before I shut down.
and...............AND.............I don't even remember where I was yesterday so there's always that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top