JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well folks I am Alaska bound for a week during the third week of June to fish (catch) with my son & his fellow Coast Guard friends. I plan to fill my freezer with King salmon, halibut, ling cod & bottom fish galore. Something I cannot do down here in my back yard.:s0115::s0115::s0115::p:p:p

That being said, I will not be supporting WDFW with a salmon tag nor CRE this year. I do this in protest of the way that the Commissions (both WA & Or) has thrown sportsmen and women under the bus and defied the Laws passed by Congress in Washington and Oregon. Just think if regular citizens defied the laws of the state & what would happen...:mad::mad::mad:

I do intend to spend my money (yeah, a lot more$$$) in Alaska & BC to fulfill my love of fishing and spending some much needed time with family and friends.

Fish on Jim!!!!!;)

Well if your gonna protest some thing , goin to Alaska fishin sure sounds like more fun than a face mask and a can of spray paint:p. Enjoy!

That is so awesome that you get the opportunity to full fill that dream. Have a blast enjoy every minute and definitely take a ton of pictures and video's so we can go on the trip with you. :)

When I grew up we threw back those Butt-Ugly ling cod's.

We kept the orange colored yellow eye's ,Black-eyed Sea bass and hal-i-butt's when bottom fishing.
Funny as a kid reeling in those orange fish from 400ft with eye's pop'n out from decompression.

I mean pop'n like 2-3'' out of there head's.:s0001:

Hope you have a good trip !!!

I had a friend that lived on Admiralty Island in Juneau, and I would fly up there on Mark Air (super cheap tickets) around Labor Day to go fishing with him.
I couldn't believe how clear the water was and how plentiful the fishing was.

I spent two years in Ketchikan on a job. There's nothing better than fresh caught halibut after a long day of fishing. Everybody likes halibut, you cant hardly give away a salmon.

I spent two years in Ketchikan on a job. There's nothing better than fresh caught halibut after a long day of fishing. Everybody likes halibut, you cant hardly give away a salmon.

I know what you mean, I was there back in 1990 and caught so many reds I couldn't fit all the fillets in my 105 qt cooler to fly them home...:D

Well folks I am Alaska bound for a week during the third week of June to fish (catch) with my son & his fellow Coast Guard friends. I plan to fill my freezer with King salmon, halibut, ling cod & bottom fish galore. Something I cannot do down here in my back yard.:s0115::s0115::s0115::p:p:p

That being said, I will not be supporting WDFW with a salmon tag nor CRE this year. I do this in protest of the way that the Commissions (both WA & Or) has thrown sportsmen and women under the bus and defied the Laws passed by Congress in Washington and Oregon. Just think if regular citizens defied the laws of the state & what would happen...:mad::mad::mad:

I do intend to spend my money (yeah, a lot more$$$) in Alaska & BC to fulfill my love of fishing and spending some much needed time with family and friends.

Fish on Jim!!!!!;)
Enjoy!!! I went over with my mom to babysit my little cousins in Terrebonne while my aunt was at a horse show in Vegas and my uncle was in Alaska fishing. Got a nice slab of halibut and a full tank of gas as a thank you. Cooked that sucker the same day, drizzled in lemon juice, added a bit of rosemary and cooked it up in the oven. SO Damn good.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top