JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome!

My brother lives in Austin. I have explored the Hill Country a few years ago and look forward to going back soon.
The Hill County is nice but Austin sure isn't what it used to be. Still a fun city but so many people have moved here in the last few years and the layout and topography just don't lend themselves well to more roads without destroying what makes Austin so beautiful unfortunately. I want to move outside of Austin but prices for land are ridiculous.

It looks like you are in a pretty nice area. I have never been to Oregon but have been up in NW Cali and Washington and really enjoyed it.

^^^^The exact same thing is happening in Boise, and to a lesser extent here in the mid-Willamette Valley. Salem is full of homeless now. The whole City Council went "woke" in the last election cycle.

People destroyed the places they lived in and are moving elsewhere to destroy those places too.

^^^^The exact same thing is happening in Boise, and to a lesser extent here in the mid-Willamette Valley. Salem is full of homeless now. The whole City Council went "woke" in the last election cycle.

People destroyed the places they lived in and are moving elsewhere to destroy those places too.
Yep, we never had a serious homeless problem until we unfortunately allowed our local government to get filled up with very liberal politicians. It got pretty bad but fortunately they did reinstate the public camping ban, however, so many had moved here or decided they wanted to live that lifestyle that there are still plenty here. I do feel for the truly homeless who just need some help, but I see some of the same people who have been pan handling for years and then all of the new ones who arrived and were doing it by choice are now all complaining that they have no place to go. Well, they can go back to wherever they came from or get a job and pay their way.

Anyway, I am sure we could both go on and on about this but I'll get myself all worked up again.

Hey captainkirkw, I'm a new member here who used to live in Austin, left in 1989. Having an actual rush hour started to appear about that time. Used to work for UT, which now has over 100K students? How does that work? ... say hello to Texas for me .... guess the "No Vacancy" bumper stickers from the '70s didn't work.

You moved away a year before I moved back as I had also lived there twice before. While you can still tell when UT students are here versus during their summer session, just due to the sheet amount of people who have moved here, the difference is not as noticeable as it used to be. And no, the bumber stickers did not work, nor did the "if we don't build it, they won't come" ideal unfortunately.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

I know that you're not in the Oregon/ Washington area but we've found the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly is through grass roots involvement.

If there isn't a local group that advocates for responsible stewardship of public lands, check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top