JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When a movie is set in the past, say, 1965...but a '56 chevy looks like its 60 yers old.

Or..everything about the movie Battleship (2012). I dont think the producers talked to anyone from the Navy..at all.

Lastly, any movie Hollywood released that had to be vetted by the Chinese Communist Party first...lots of those.

☝️ This! ☝️ That's one of my earliest gripes. That and cars flipping over the car they just hit, with no damage to the now visible undercarriage. Although that one's probably been mentioned already.
Have you never watched CHiPs? That was every opening scene. I laughed at all the classic muscle cars they wrecked that were worthless in the 80s.

Palate cleanser!

Don't you just love when someone does it right and gets the details CORRECT?

Road to Perdition, Public enemies , 1917 , The Revenant , Apocalypto.

Cars , fabric, buttons, cigarettes, food, stemware , furniture, building materials.
This is dedication to the craft.
Can't say for the other movies...But The Revenant ....had a lot wrong with it.

Wrong :
Season...
Geography / Locations...
Real historic people dying when they didn't...
Multiple firings of single shot muzzle loaders....without reloading...
Modern loading techniques with a few characters....
And the pushing of a misguided at best , totally wrong , as it was done historically agenda ,of how the fur trade actually was...
And what we actually know and can prove about Hugh Glass and his life.

Other than that it was a fine movie...:rolleyes:

With that said..
I understand that it is a movie and not a documentary....but way too much deviation from facts for me .
Andy

Good catch. I believe the assault muzzleloaders weren't invented until the 1920's. :s0108:

I can see how that would be somewhat painful to watch for you. Fortunately, I was ignorant enough to watch and enjoy that movie without noticing too much that annoyed me. The episode of CSI that I mentioned yesterday however, now that was painful. :(

Good catch. I believe the assault muzzleloaders weren't invented until the 1920's. :s0108:

I can see how that would be somewhat painful to watch for you. Fortunately, I was ignorant enough to watch and enjoy that movie without noticing too much that annoyed me. The episode of CSI that I mentioned yesterday however, now that was painful. :(
Thats why the fighting at the Alamo only lasted 90 minutes. Had to reload

(yes I know, the seige lasted 13 days but most was cannon fire. And the the assault was 90 min)

Thats why the fighting at the Alamo only lasted 90 minutes. Had to reload

(yes I know, the seige lasted 13 days but most was cannon fire. And the the assault was 90 min)
Do you ever ponder how long they could have held out if they had had 180 AR-15's and a ton of ammo? Those scenes in the movies where the unarmed Mexican drummers are marching forward in a line... Man, that's not a job I would have wanted. I can see the recruiting ad now: "Bullet catchers needed. Top pay." :eek:

Can't say for the other movies...But The Revenant ....had a lot wrong with it.

Wrong :
Season...
Geography / Locations...
Real historic people dying when they didn't...
Modern loading techniques with a few characters....
And the pushing of a misguided at best , totally wrong , as it was done historically agenda ,of how the fur trade actually was...
And what we actually know and can prove about Hugh Glass and his life.

Other than that it was a fine movie...:rolleyes:

With that said..
I understand that it is a movie and not a documentary....but way too much deviation from facts for me .
Andy
I honestly had " legends of the fall " down and went back to change it to " the revenant".
Admittedly, I have no knowledge of the historical figures in play ( didn't really know if Glass was a realperson ), but the poor firearms handling I would have to re-watch and pay attention to.

2 more for the weapons accuracy pile as penance, i offer you "Way of the gun" and "The last duel" . The latter was was hideously depressing, but that finale felt like it would be about spot on for dying in dirt for sake of honor.

Now , I gotta go be a grandad for a while

Do you ever ponder how long they could have held out if they had had 180 AR-15's and a ton of ammo? Those scenes in the movies where the unarmed Mexican drummers are marching forward in a line... Man, that's not a job I would have wanted. I can see the recruiting ad now: "Bullet catchers needed. Top pay." :eek:
Well they would have gotten paid AFTER the battle

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but always get a bit annoyed with the old trope that just about any seedy pawn shop owner or anti-gubmint gun store clerk will casually ignore any and all gun laws for enough cash. Creates (probably intentionally) the public perception that that's how guns "end up on the streets,"

I remember seeing this on some Cops type show. Honestly surprised how well it went in the real world.
It didn't go perfectly. The driver of the car that jumped the rollback was airlifted from the scene.

Have you never watched CHiPs? That was every opening scene. I laughed at all the classic muscle cars they wrecked that were worthless in the 80s.
Every single bike wreck in that show was done so poorly I almost turned it off. Then that hot lady cop would walk up or a cool car would drive by. :D

It didn't go perfectly. The driver of the car that jumped the rollback was airlifted from the scene.

Every single bike wreck in that show was done so poorly I almost turned it off. Then that hot lady cop would walk up or a cool car would drive by. :D
screen-shot-2020-02-14-at-8-17-38-am.png

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads