JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Other than Saiga, what are the most reliable AK pattern shotguns? I bought a JTS M12AK shotgun for the shop today. It was a decent buy price but I couldn't remember which AK pattern shotguns were the good ones? Which ones are most reliable?

Out of 2 saiga shotguns, I've had 2 that ran great. It's pretty hard to be more than 100% reliable, though I'm sure there are better built models

I have the JTS AK12 as well and I have shot the crap out of it. Only the very first round I shot gave me a FTF, but since then, not a single issue. I've dialed in the adjustable gas and it's been 100% reliable with both heavy and light loads. FWIW, I've never shot low brass out of. Have heard that they can cause issues. My neighbor has a Saiga-12 and his hiccups here and again, plus only shoots 2 3/4. That said I offered him a straight across trade and he wouldn't take it. :s0140:

Because his is worth considerably more money and he knows it. You do too which is why you offered.
1687707770896.png

I bought a JTS M12AK shotgun for the shop today. It was a decent buy price but I couldn't remember which AK pattern shotguns were the good ones? Which ones are most reliable?
I have the JTS AK12 as well and I have shot the crap out of it. Only the very first round I shot gave me a FTF, but since then, not a single issue. I've dialed in the adjustable gas and it's been 100% reliable with both heavy and light loads.
That is a heckuva good price on those for a semi-auto shotgun. The KS-12 (Saiga clone) is 2.5 times the cost.

Does it Cycle Estate #8 and #9 trap loads? Game Loads are much more expensive than cheap Trap Loads.

Yep, it is a beast. To be fair, I have a heavy load and light load bolt assembly with different recoil springs. That way I can get 100% reliability with cheap birdshot for 3-gun and still handle full power loads when needed.

2023-06-28_11h09_03.jpg

Out of stock everywhere. Jokers online want a mortgage payment in exchange for a used one.
Vepr rifles/shotguns were banned from import Under Obama in 2017.

They were actually still pretty easy to get and relatively inexpensive until about 2019, then the world went to bubblegum and stuff happened.

I have a KUSA Saiga pattern, it runs well, has adjustable gas. For target loads I also put a lighter recoil spring in, and it's been 100%.

I would like to convert it to take vepr-style push-in magazines though. The rock and lock reload is hard to do on a closed bolt!

I have a KUSA Saiga pattern, it runs well, has adjustable gas. For target loads I also put a lighter recoil spring in, and it's been 100%.
Were you experiencing stovepipes w/ target loads?

FWIW I saw some guys on YT test the KS-12 and the magazine retention tabs broke under recoil from 3" magnum loads, but it performed fine w/ the 2-3/4" shells.

I do like the look of the KS-12.

Were you experiencing stovepipes w/ target loads?

FWIW I saw some guys on YT test the KS-12 and the magazine retention tabs broke under recoil from 3" magnum loads, but it performed fine w/ the 2-3/4" shells.

I do like the look of the KS-12.
With the original spring and a dirty gun, I did get stovepipes every say ~20 rounds of target loads (using the appropriate gas setting, the one that lets in more gas). If I cleaned up the gas system and did my part with recoil management (stand firm and not let the gun push me back!) it was 100%.

For 3-gun obvs I did not want to chance malfunctions so I put in the lighter spring and make sure to clean the gas system before matches.

I haven't tried 3" magnum loads in it, but if I do and the gun breaks, maybe K-USA will take care of me?

That is a heckuva good price on those for a semi-auto shotgun. The KS-12 (Saiga clone) is 2.5 times the cost.

Does it Cycle Estate #8 and #9 trap loads? Game Loads are much more expensive than cheap Trap Loads.
I have ran a lot of #8 through mine with no issues, although I always use high base ammo. I mainly do that because my neighbor with his Saiga said his doesn't like low base and we usually split ammo orders.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top