JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was thinking that since good preparation for the economic collapse and the other calamities that we may be facing require neighbors to come together, we should start meeting our like minded neighbors.

I am very serious about my preparations for a severe economic downturn and such. Anyone else in Oregon city/Beaver Creek thinking like this? Send me a PM and let's chat.

What about the rest of you? If you are interested in meeting your like minded neighbors considerleaving a note here.

Cyborg

Excellent idea. I don't think that it would open us up to unnecessary risk, because a BG would have to be seriously brave or dumb to take on folks who are ready and waiting.

Who's in Aloha? Shoot me a PM.

Thanks for the thread Cyborg.:s0155:
Anybody in the NE Portland area want to chat about this?
I'm not an over the top survivalist, however, I have been preparing with food, water storage, guns and a house with 1" thick concrete stucco that could be made a little more secure than typical wood construction.

Will

Kenno, I am curious about your reasons for NOT being willing to actually meet any of your neighbors? Care to elaborate? Seems obvious to me that in a very challenging time.... "going it alone".... is not a terribly feasible survival plan. Seems as though it would be much better if we get to know each other and can become mutually supportive.

This thread seemed like such a good idea, but in a month and a half it's only collected a dozen responses. I think it reflects how we're taught these days to NOT talk to strangers, NOT trust our neighbors, and isolate ourselves from community at every turn. What a shame.

I think that because many of us are relatively geographically separated. I could meet up with anyone from the south Sound area, and then some. I don't know Oregon's city placement, so that makes it difficult for me to visualize where everyone is "on the map." Also, some people are cool with sharing information and knowledge, but might not be the most social type of person... so that might explain some people's reluctance to meet.

That being said, I am totally cool with sharing what I know, whether it be practical experience, academic, or theory. I am also cool with meeting with anyone within a reasonable distance to chit chat over coffee, beers, or an afternoon in the woods... whether that be shooting, or practicing "bush craft." I am not as experienced as some, but outside of the outdoors enthusiast scene, I suppose I would be considered either knowledgeable, or a whack job... take your pick. Lol.

This thread is a great idea. I'm not a meet-and-greet type of person either, but there is a lot of benefit to expanding your local prep network. What better way to find bartering partners.

Some of us live in the city and some of us live in the country, but only a few miles from each other. The city guy may want to start a garden but doesnt have the property for it. The country guy has the property, but may not have a background in gardening to start one effeciently. What a great way to make partnerships that helps us all reach our prep'ing goals.

South Clackamas County here

This is a great idea. Meeting like minded people for breakfast or a beer and talking about the challenges we all face couldn't hurt. Whats the worst that could happen? If it was productive we could meet again, if not, we go back to our keyboards and attempt to learn from each other there.

Hillsboro checking in.

Lefty.

Meeting my neighbors was super foreign to me...probably because my parents never talked to their neighbors when I was growing up. Once I actually did though, they turned out to be pretty nice! Except for the weirdos across the street...

+1 in Hillsboro!

Meeting my neighbors was super foreign to me...probably because my parents never talked to their neighbors when I was growing up. Once I actually did though, they turned out to be pretty nice! Except for the weirdos across the street...

+1 in Hillsboro!

Hey Matt, I'm not weird anymore. I was just having a bad day. :s0114:

Anyone else from the Hillsboro, Beaverton, Aloha area want to try to make this happen?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top