JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The LGS still don't stock them, so I'm a bit perplexed why they wouldn't want to buy or even ask. I don't know. I'm thinking LGS's aren't doing too well right now.
Most likely because they don't want to end up having to liquidate their current overstock to the BATFE or other FFLs when M114 is upheld and enforced, along with possibility of ATF's "new FFL rules" severely affecting them?

Most likely because they don't want to end up having to liquidate their current overstock to the BATFE or other FFLs when M114 is upheld and enforced, along with possibility of ATF's "new FFL rules" severely affecting them?
Yep..could be. I'll still wager that 114 won't go into effect though. It was a BS, transparent attempt to circumvent state law and any informed, non soft-brain person knows it.

But I've been wrong many many times before. Never surprised by mass-stupidity.

Yep..could be. I'll still wager that 114 won't go into effect though. It was a BS, transparent attempt to circumvent state law and any informed, non soft-brain person knows it.

But I've been wrong many many times before. Never surprised by mass-stupidity.
Just following ATF's lead :rolleyes:

WTF is wrong with Dad's fingers??? :eek::eek::eek:
Now I now why this family is nicknamed the freak finger clan.

Mom's hand.

1000003038.jpg

Anyone recall the hours long lines at, for example Sportsman's Warehouse, to buy a gun during Measure 114? Or the frantic search to find a retailer with the right gun and willing to sell without waiting for a delayed background check?

I do, that was Nov/Dec 2022.

Different story now, I went into Tick Licker in Salem the other day to see if they wanted to buy my (new) firearms. They didn't even ask what they were, just said "no, we're not buying right now, we're supposed to keep 800 in stock..we have 1200"

How things have changed.
Sales have definitely slowed, big time. That means prices should be lower.

Not really gonblna happen wit inflation :(
From my experience, buying many of them recently, firearm prices haven't really been impacted by inflation. Prices are going to have to adjust to what people will pay or they won't sell. The buyer pool is shrinking and will continue to shrink as people lose employment and start worrying more about the economy. Firearms are luxury item for most people. Yesterday we sold two but bought three. At that rate our inventory will continue to grow.

Does the OR queue reflect this? I haven't heard recent figures.
The queue is still relatively high but the reason is unknown. It seems OSP is really dragging their feet. I think more FFLs are calling in BG checks and that takes more time to process them. There may be a spring break angle to it as well. Just not sure why they are slowing down. Compared to this time last year, transfers are way down. The supply of guns is much higher.

Edit: Rumor has it that Cabela's is now calling in BG checks, not sure if it's true but if it is that would really clog up the system.

Kinda what I believe as well.

I think there were a lot of things that weren't taken into consideration - such as the massive loss of revenue from BGCs from the undoubtedly large percentage of people who most likely would not have pursued the 'permit to purchase' and other related requirements. I doubt I would have.

SB 941 was a real 'kick in the teeth' to me and my gun buying/selling/trading as most of what I did was FTF.

I bought a couple new since then but largely in part my interest was in good used, older and maybe classic stuff.

Last Edited:
Just got the numbers from DOJ. So far, the state of Oregon has spent $3,759,702.92 defending itself against Measure 114.

Here's a letter I sent to my Democrat house rep. Sent a similar one to my D senator. Adjust as you see fit. Probably won't change any minds but might give you a little lift to let them know we're paying attention.

Dear Representative Anderson,

Through freedom of information requests, DOJ has been able to determine that, to date, $3,759,702.92 has been spent on the state defending Ballot Measure 114 in state and federal courts. You never asked your constituents if they wanted to spend the money to defend an unconstitutional measure.

It's really disappointing to see your party working overtime on it's agenda to dismantle the second amendment and attack law abiding Oregon gun owners.

You are constantly spending our money, but you never ask us if that's what we want. You wasted millions of our dollars on needles and drug paraphernalia, but did little to actually combat the importation and use of fentanyl that is actually killing people in Oregon every day.

I cannot, in good conscience, vote for you this election and will instead be voting for David Brown to take your seat and inject some sanity into the legislature.

Regards,

Just got the numbers from DOJ. So far, the state of Oregon has spent $3,759,702.92 defending itself against Measure 114.

Here's a letter I sent to my Democrat house rep. Sent a similar one to my D senator. Adjust as you see fit. Probably won't change any minds but might give you a little lift to let them know we're paying attention.

Dear Representative Anderson,

Through freedom of information requests, DOJ has been able to determine that, to date, $3,759,702.92 has been spent on the state defending Ballot Measure 114 in state and federal courts. You never asked your constituents if they wanted to spend the money to defend an unconstitutional measure.

It's really disappointing to see your party working overtime on it's agenda to dismantle the second amendment and attack law abiding Oregon gun owners.

You are constantly spending our money, but you never ask us if that's what we want. You wasted millions of our dollars on needles and drug paraphernalia, but did little to actually combat the importation and use of fentanyl that is actually killing people in Oregon every day.

I cannot, in good conscience, vote for you this election and will instead be voting for David Brown to take your seat and inject some sanity into the legislature.

Regards,
Good writing and well explained. Unfortunately it'll get a canned response and to be honest, none of these lawmakers care what the voters say; only what the voters do. as in get voted out, or keep being voted in, time and again, over and over. Term limits would help massively here, as would fixing the offices' salaries to the median income of voters.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top