JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's better than the alternative imo. I recall we had 7 m114 threads or more all saying the same things, it was a royal mess. At least here there is one place to go and usually if someone has a question it gets answered.
Yup!

I think the frustration is constantly getting strings of post notifications, all day, every day, but it's only rarely ever anything to do with 114... or... firearms. Gotta remember... it's a very important topic and many are "watching"... that get a notification and most often an email in their inbox for every post, to read about someone's family disfunctions.:D

Yup!

I think the frustration is constantly getting strings of post notifications, all day, every day, but it's only rarely ever anything to do with 114... or... firearms. Gotta remember... it's a very important topic and many are "watching"... that get a notification and most often an email in their inbox for every post, to read about someone's family disfunctions.:D
I do check this thread regularly looking for more information but we are at a standstill, so I got drawn in to the family stuff as a place holder. Maybe this thread should be closed until there is something to report.

I do check this thread regularly looking for more information but we are at a standstill, so I got drawn in to the family stuff as a place holder. Maybe this thread should be closed until there is something to report.
It may be over burdensome on the mods to keep re-opening a thread for a tidbit of new info and then moderating when it's appropriate to reclose it after an appropriate number of posts with any additional info, questions and/or comments.

The simple solutions would seem to be... we're all adults here and could just exercise a little more constraint to stay on topic(?) :D

Either that or close it daily after beer-30 and reopen it each morning(?):s0140:

Or how about un-watching this thread so you don't get notices for every post. When stuff starts happening resubscribe. Or you could just try to get everyone else to do it your way.

Or how about un-watching this thread so you don't get notices for every post. When stuff starts happening resubscribe. Or you could just try to get everyone else to do it your way.
Hey! That's a great idea. I'm hardly the only one that posts updates that I am likely very interested in knowing too... but you're right! It's totally out of line to simply ask that others observe the forum rules of staying on topic, hu! :s0140:

It's not as if I'm under any obligated to share information and others will certainly and eventually make any updates known.;)

I'll join Heretic and I'm out, too. Thread ignore enabled. Enjoy!👍

Last Edited:
I'm out. Thread ignore enabled. Enjoy!👍
Wise choice, now no more notifications from this thread . . .

oh . . . wait

did-i-do-that.gif

It may be over burdensome on the mods to keep re-opening a thread for a tidbit of new info and then moderating when it's appropriate to reclose it after an appropriate number of posts with any additional info, questions and/or comments.

The simple solutions would seem to be... we're all adults here and could just exercise a little more constraint to stay on topic(?) :D

Either that or close it daily after beer-30 and reopen it each morning(?):s0140:
Here y'all go!

Anyone recall the hours long lines at, for example Sportsman's Warehouse, to buy a gun during Measure 114? Or the frantic search to find a retailer with the right gun and willing to sell without waiting for a delayed background check?

I do, that was Nov/Dec 2022.

Different story now, I went into Tick Licker in Salem the other day to see if they wanted to buy my (new) firearms. They didn't even ask what they were, just said "no, we're not buying right now, we're supposed to keep 800 in stock..we have 1200"

How things have changed.

Anyone recall the hours long lines at, for example Sportsman's Warehouse, to buy a gun during Measure 114? Or the frantic search to find a retailer with the right gun and willing to sell without waiting for a delayed background check?

I do, that was Nov/Dec 2022.

Different story now, I went into Tick Licker in Salem the other day to see if they wanted to buy my (new) firearms. They didn't even ask what they were, just said "no, we're not buying right now, we're supposed to keep 800 in stock..we have 1200"

How things have changed.
Take them with you to the upcoming Wes Knodel Albany show this coming weekend? May be able to find buyers and traders there.

It's interesting to me at least that both gun shops local to me are't really buying guns right now at least not the run of the mill ones. One might guess that a lot of those were bought as panic guns as in I better buy now before measure 114 goes in to effect. Now 114 is a non issue at least for now and the VISA bill is due so time to sell. On the flip side the ""instant background checks" are taking a week to clear because the que is around 2000. So people are still buying. I see the combination of these events putting more guns in more honest citizens hands so maybe more pro 2A voters in the long run.

It's interesting to me at least that both gun shops local to me are't really buying guns right now at least not the run of the mill ones. One might guess that a lot of those were bought as panic guns as in I better buy now before measure 114 goes in to effect. Now 114 is a non issue at least for now and the VISA bill is due so time to sell. On the flip side the ""instant background checks" are taking a week to clear because the que is around 2000. So people are still buying. I see the combination of these events putting more guns in more honest citizens hands so maybe more pro 2A voters in the long run.
Yep..totally agree. I was one of those "better buy now" before 114 goes into effect. I wanted to round out my forever-gun collection so decided on the Mossberg 590 20" w/heat shield. No LGS had one..all said they were in demand, so I had to deal with the Sportsman's BS.

The LGS still don't stock them, so I'm a bit perplexed why they wouldn't want to buy or even ask. I don't know. I'm thinking LGS's aren't doing too well right now.

A few things that make a surge in gun buying, elections (coming soon), new gun laws (m114 coming soon), and gun laws being overturned (a very long ways down the road for WA imo).

Upcoming Events

Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top