JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They are worth it because it's a highly accurate hand tuned piece of machinery that each part is hand tuned to the other that functions time after time and puts your shot right where your aiming and your life depends on it that's worth every penny. Look at knight armament it's just an ar right?

I have to say they are very nice handguns. I have shot a couple and was impressed with the quality and accuracy.

A few people I used to work with bought them and got them cleared for duty use. In my opinion Staccatos are way too expensive for duty use, but that is just my opinion. I carried Glocks my entire career and felt just fine with them. I realize they aren't even in the same class.

I'm a big time 1911 fan, but I will not pick a Staccato up unless I come into a large amount of disposable income. I don't blame anyone for wanting one. Just not for me. To each their own.

Courtesy of the NW Firearm Memes thread.

1000003016.jpg

Experiencing a Staccato XC is a worthy bucket list item. I have shot a Sig 210, a HKP7, a SW59, a G17, and a G34.
They are all good shooters. So much so I never had any aspirations to get a Staccato.

I was in the right place at the right time when someone who ordered a Staccato XC was forced to sell it the same day he received it from Staccato.
After researching what the Staccato XC was and what the used prices were, I realized this was a good investment and bought the gun rationalizing it by saying spendy guns qualify as precious metals after all.

The first thing you notice when you pick it up is how it feels in your hand as you hold it and cycle the slide. The DLC is addicting (Diamond Like Coating).
The gun feels like it has needle bearings. The lockup to the compensator is consistent and very tight. Much better than a barrel bulge or a bushing.
The hands on craftsmanship is what makes the XC expensive. The lower cost models all have their purpose. The XC is really special.
Dawson Precision makes the recoil buffer and it is some slick engineering with how easy it to take the pistol apart.

The trigger is 2.5 lbs and with accurate shooting that is important. More trigger force tends to pull gun off target without lots of training.
The accuracy is amazing. My specific gun has fed on over a dozen brands, weights, and cartridge types without any issues.
The brass (or aluminum/steel) lands at 3:00 about 1-2 feet to your right.

Buy ammo in cases. The 3 mags take 54 rounds

I'm not saying everyone should get one, simply hold it and work the action if you get the chance. It is a legendary experience.

I wondered about the Alien 9mm competition pistol that has a very low fixed barrel and very light slide. At over $5K, it is also spendy.
There are some videos where people are testing it and after 4 mags the trigger was too hot to touch.
They measured 150 degrees with a thermal scanner. That would be a bummer to spend serious coin on something with drawbacks.
No complaints with my XC.

2011.jpg

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top