JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shoot my HD magazines once a year and put fresh rounds in to them. Sometimes more frequent but there may be ammunition prices rising more then they are already so I may cut back. I do typlically shoot 9mm 124gr FMJ NATO rounds for practice. I keep at least 4 magazines load with my HD pistol. I grab two magazines and put them in pajamas pocket one on each side and one in my pistol. I keep a small flash light and also have WML but I prefer a separate light instead of using my WML.
Great to have something ready. I was wondering let's say I have 1-15 round magazine ready for emergency and tend to sit for a long period of time, I took off 3 rounds leaving 12 in the magazine for I'm worried that the spring will lose its tension in time. I was wondering if that's a good thing to do.

I shoot my HD magazines once a year and put fresh rounds in to them. Sometimes more frequent but there may be ammunition prices rising more then they are already so I may cut back. I do typlically shoot 9mm 124gr FMJ NATO rounds for practice. I keep at least 4 magazines load with my HD pistol. I grab two magazines and put them in pajamas pocket one on each side and one in my pistol. I keep a small flash light and also have WML but I prefer a separate light instead of using my WML.
Once a year seems like a reasonable interval. I used to check mine more regularly. The only ones I've ever had an issue with were 12 gauge 10 round magazines. They would flatten the top few rounds after a month or two. I recently checked a few 5.56 and 9mm that had been setting for several years out of sight. They were all fine.

Great to have something ready. I was wondering let's say I have 1-15 round magazine ready for emergency and tend to sit for a long period of time, I took off 3 rounds leaving 12 in the magazine for I'm worried that the spring will lose its tension in time. I was wondering if that's a good thing to do.
Modern springs don't lose much tension sitting compressed. It's working them that may eventually cause weakening. Think of modern cars. You don't hear about them sitting for years and the springs sagging anymore. Metals have improved. You might check on them every couple of months if you're not sure, but I think you'll find most magazines can sit loaded for years and be fine.

Modern springs don't lose much tension sitting compressed. It's working them that may eventually cause weakening. Think of modern cars. You don't hear about them sitting for years and the springs sagging anymore. Metals have improved. You might check on them every couple of months if you're not sure, but I think you'll find most magazines can sit loaded for years and be fine.
Great to know. I got to start setting all my reminders for things like these. Works well so I could keep track. Thanks.

I was wondering in since you mention 'emergency ready'. Lets say you have a 15 round magazine and how many rounds do you load on a ready to rock 1-magazine that will sit for a long period of time?
All my mags are loaded to what they will hold. This gets beat to hell every so often but nothing changes. Springs made correctly will not fail due to being compressed. If they fail it means they were going to fail no matter what. Have some 1911 mags that have been loaded for several decades. Have one old German .25 that has been loaded since the early 60's. All still work great.

Once a year seems like a reasonable interval. I used to check mine more regularly. The only ones I've ever had an issue with were 12 gauge 10 round magazines. They would flatten the top few rounds after a month or two. I recently checked a few 5.56 and 9mm that had been setting for several years out of sight. They were all fine.
I under load my shotgun by one round so i don't have any issues with magazine tube springs. I keep a Velcro shot shell inside my gun so I can load to full if I have time. I do keep a 6 round side saddle on my shotgun as well and keep a bandolier with extra shells as well.

Howdy,
I was able to go outdoor today and took the 22LR hand gun. It fires like butter dead quiet and I was just wearing ear plugs. Goes exactly where you point it. It went to so many rounds just like that. Quite fun plinker. Next time I'll bring extra mags that are fully loaded to save some time.
:s0024:-Good Evening-

So I have these cheap amplified EP, they work ok, I really like them when I go out to the forest by myself, I crank them up and don't worry about anyone coming up on me by surprise. Anyway, I was in the garage the other day doing some stuff and had them on and my wife came out to ask me a question, but as she will do she just stood in the middle of the driveway and starts talking. No worries, I just crank the volume up and can hear her just fine. Once we got the lunch question squared away she turned to go in the house and as she went up the stairs each step was punctuated by a small. . . well, 'little toot' ;)
She was out of sight but after the last step there's a pause and she asks "You have those !@#$ing headphones on, don't you?"

:s0140::s0140::s0140:

So I have these cheap amplified EP, they work ok, I really like them when I go out to the forest by myself, I crank them up and don't worry about anyone coming up on me by surprise. Anyway, I was in the garage the other day doing some stuff and had them on and my wife came out to ask me a question, but as she will do she just stood in the middle of the driveway and starts talking. No worries, I just crank the volume up and can hear her just fine. Once we got the lunch question squared away she turned to go in the house and as she went up the stairs each step was punctuated by a small. . . well, 'little toot' ;)
She was out of sight but after the last step there's a pause and she asks "You have those !@#$ing headphones on, don't you?"

:s0140::s0140::s0140:
You know how you should have responded, don't you?

I got a pair of walker xcel 500bt and they work well but they burn through batteries every 3-4 hours.

I tried contacting walker to see if that is normal but walker ignored both my emails. The product ain't bad but customer service is crap in my experience.

I just grab whatever I can 27NRR passive and I'll wear extra plugs on indoors. I wanna try to get to get to the range tomorrow after work.

1698635317908.png

I got a pair of walker xcel 500bt and they work well but they burn through batteries every 3-4 hours.

I tried contacting walker to see if that is normal but walker ignored both my emails. The product ain't bad but customer service is crap in my experience.
I have Walker Razor and the batteries last about 6 months to a year, depending on how much I use them.

I have Walker Razor and the batteries last about 6 months to a year, depending on how much I use them.
I should've just got those then.

I had two 8 hour shooting classes and both times after 3-4 hours the brand new batteries died. So both classes batteries died about half way through and I replaced them then both times those fresh batteries then died before class was over.

Kind of frustrating that customer service wouldn't respond to my inquiries. I may need to click on a certain setting to prolong the battery life but the instructions weren't to thorough.

I had two 8 hour shooting classes and both times after 3-4 hours the brand new batteries died. So both classes batteries died about half way through and I replaced them then both times those fresh batteries then died before class was over.

Kind of frustrating that customer service wouldn't respond to my inquiries. I may need to click on a certain setting to prolong the battery life but the instructions weren't to thorough.
I think your model should do about as well. There is probably something wrong with them. You should send them back.

are you using AA batteries or built in?
AAA. I use Eneloop rechargeables.

If youre using AAA or AA, go to harbor freight and get these high capacity rechargeable batteries and you wont be able to top these out. They last atleast 4x or more than duracel before charging.

THUNDERBOLT MAGNUMAA High Capacity NiMH Rechargeable Batteries, 4 Pack

1698637317563.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews