JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Add on feature.
I don't see a microphone or antenna....

Regardless however I can guarandamteeya this thing won't survive the thrashing they are showing in the vid.

Not only would everything inside loosen up and start to fall apart but the hydraulic system looks like a nightmare and like the rest will not stand up to what is being shown.

I've been in the RV biz long enough to see all kinds of gimmicky things and one thing is for certian - the more complicated it gets the more that goes wrong.

RV's are a 'rolling earthquake' and the rougher one is towed, the quicker it falls apart.

OTOH the blond will probably hold up for a while with proper care and maintenance....

Last Edited:
I don't see a microphone or antenna....

Regardless however I can guarandamteeya this thing won't survive the thrashing they are showing in the vid.

Not only would everything inside loosen up and start to fall apart but the hydraulic system looks like a nightmare and like the rest will not stand up to what is being shown.

I've been in the RV biz long enough to see all kinds of gimmicky things and one thing is for certian - the more complicated it gets the more that goes wrong.

RV's are a 'rolling earthquake' and the rougher one is towed, the quicker it falls apart.

OTOH the blond will probably hold up for a while with proper care and maintenance....
But, but it has open book shelves.

I am in agreement regarding the blond. ;-)

$177,000 for the exp-8
This is BEYOND laughable and ANYBODY who would pay this much for this joke is oblivious to reality and nothing more than a 'show off' who can afford something they have no knowledge of - but are just buying into the 'fad' of 'survival' or 'SHTF' and are otherwise completely clueless....

Trust me - I see this ALL the time....

Last Edited:
DMR?

What Ham systems have DMR?

Morse Code.
May not be required ... but having a reference is not a bad idea.

View attachment 274862

https://goo.gl/x8xhfA

From our time watching Wheel of Fortune, we know we should memorize the most common letters (basic code breaking 101)

R / S / T / N / L / E

.-. / ... / - / -. / .-.. / .
There are hardware decoders/coders - right?

What is recommended for this hardware?

Are there transceivers that have this built in?

Any in-person ARRL testing in Hillsboro, Portland, Saint Helens area?

I can only seem to find online web based.
I want to take the Tech/General. Working through the practice sessions. Seems worth doing.

I want to take the Tech/General. Working through the practice sessions. Seems worth doing.
Yep, check out Oregon Tualatin Valley Amateur Radio Club at OTVARC.org

They hold their meetings at Cedar Hills Baptist Church.

Great group of folks there!

Last Edited:

CARA will have testing starting up again in the new year in St. Helen's.

I picked up this short text on a bit of a lark. For brand new hams with ticket in hand for the first time, it actually is a good, short workbook to get rolling. For more seasoned folks, not so much. Anywho, just passing the info along. Cheers.

Ham It Up.jpg

Last Edited:
What us HAMS on the NWFA SHOULD do is pick a frequency and have an informal, weekly 'ragchew' just to BS a bit and maybe help the potential new HAMS get involved.

Initially we could use the PeakNet system on 2 meter which new Techs could use (if they have a repeater nearby) and maybe later go to HF for Generals and higher.

Just a thought...

What us HAMS on the NWFA SHOULD do is pick a frequency and have an informal, weekly 'ragchew' just to BS a bit and maybe help the potential new HAMS get involved.

Initially we could use the PeakNet system on 2 meter which new Techs could use (if they have a repeater nearby) and maybe later go to HF for Generals and higher.

Just a thought...
I'm in.

Just a thought...
I'm in

This section is too big and forum is pretty deep….. I don't want to hijack anything but not sure if it's worthy of its own thread and possibly mentioned already.

But….. I just discovered a company service.
Pre programmed radio "kits"….

"Radio made easy"…

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews