JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Concealed carry laws are a relatively new thing. When I was a kid in the 1960s and 1970s we always had a gun when camping, and never thought about where it had to be stored. When I drove around the country in the 1980s, I always had a gun stashed someplace in my rig, and I never thought about it. Things didn't start changing until the 1990s, and they really changed after 9/11.

I believe Ronald Reagan getting shot was a tipping point for anti-gun laws.

Constitutional Carry used to exist everywhere, except probably in some liberal cities like NYC.

(1) Don't shoot your pecker off.

(2) Don't draw the gun unless you have to shoot.

(3) If you have to shoot, then shoot straight.

(4) Keep in mind that you own that bullet, whatever/whoever it hits.

(5) Practice enough to know your limitations.

(6) Avoid conflict if at all possible.

(7) Don't shoot your pecker off. (Some things bear repeating.)

Welcome to the grownup world of Responsibility. Carry on.

As others have said... trust yourself and your weapon.

I have been carrying for over 20 years, every day... Thats with subcompacts, revolvers, full size pistols like 1911 and Beretta M9A1... DA/SA, striker fired... $200 keltecs to $1000 Kimbers...

Just know its going to be fine. YOU are the only variable. Thousands of us carry every day, chambered and ready without any issue.... If its not chambered, its not loaded. You wont have the time or the forethought in a moment of crisis to remember to rack it... or maybe you will. but its 1000x easier and perfectly safe carry ready to rock.

Early on, I always second guessed carriying a 1911 cocked and locked... but I realized that its no different than carrying a cocked striker fired pistol... 1911 being even more 'safe' considering the grip safety and manual safety... none of which I ever had on my striker fired carry guns... its all in your head.

Carry and just know its fine sitting in your pants all day. Train and practice so everything will be fine if you ever have to draw it

Did it feel like this? :s0140:

E74DFBD2-14A5-42A4-86AD-20AB6CCEBEF2.png

Early on, I always second guessed carriying a 1911 cocked and locked... but I realized that its no different than carrying a cocked striker fired pistol... 1911 being even more 'safe' considering the grip safety and manual safety... none of which I ever had on my striker fired carry guns...
It's almost amazing that two of the oldest designs currently in use are two of the safest handguns to carry.
1911 and double action revolvers.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads