JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1714187895595.png

Aloha, Mark
Ummm...

I tell new people to get comfortable carrying around your house first. When you find you can forget its there , then venture out. when you can go several hours without touching the gun start loading it.
the people I know that have had ND's were all doing something with the gun. they almost never go off in the holster. DR

One thing I forgot to mention along the lines of what Stomper said. Every new shooter I work with I tell one important thing to remember. You will be held responsible for every round that leaves your gun if you fire. A LOT of people seem to treat carry as they are hoping to play superman. Best to avoid ever having to even pull the gun out. In other words if your life is not in danger you should probably not pull the gun.
This. Also, in the event you do end up using your firearm. Everything you did/ didn't do leading up to that point will be under heavy scrutiny. Did you do everything you could to avoid the situation? Or did you help antagonize the situation?
Doesn't matter what you or people on here think. It could be up to anti gun prosecutors or a group of strangers who would love to make an example out of you.
Just food for thought....

I tell new people to get comfortable carrying around your house first. When you find you can forget its there , then venture out. when you can go several hours without touching the gun start loading it.
the people I know that have had ND's were all doing something with the gun. they almost never go off in the holster. DR
I carried my weapon while doing yardwork and anytime I was on my own property which I still do to this day.

Good belts. I have 2 and like them. Weight is usually not a big factor for me (365XL or G19) and the only thing is wear now is Grip6 belts.
Nice. I have had a Bladetech for probably 15 or 20 years now and it's held up very well. This is the current version of that belt:

Nice. I have had a Bladetech for probably 15 or 20 years now and it's held up very well. This is the current version of that belt:

Nice, until I read this I had not realized this was yet another Co WA managed to run off, which was a shame. Back about 25 years ago when I was back in school getting more training I spoke to the owner about going to work for him. It was an interview I still look back on with a smile. When I got to the office and told them who I was someone called him. I was looking over the holsters he had in a display case when he came to get me. Said to me "so you a shooter? What do you carry?" There was an uncomfortable pause and we both started laughing as I said that one caught me off guard. Since mentioning you carry is NOT normally something you bring up at a job interview :D
He did seem like one hell of a great guy.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top