JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
They could sell them to India - but Canada & India are not on good speaking terms right now; just a little thing about India assassinating (or plotting to) someone in Canada??
Or better yet, to the US C&R dealers? :rolleyes: after all, we are who they usually depend on when it comes to air defense and naval defense. Edit there are a minimum of 11,000 US firearm owners who'd love to get their hands on WW2 Hi Power pistols ;)

What do you think? Grade those Hi-Power's in three grades and sell them for $400.00-$995.00? Maybe more?
I would LOVE to have one of those with some honest wear on it. The statement about lack of parts availability? Just how much would the Kanuckians have been shooting those? It's not like they've been on the battlefield through thick-and-thin like our 1911s?
Major bummer. :(

What do you think? Grade those Hi-Power's in three grades and sell them for $400.00-$995.00? Maybe more?
I would LOVE to have one of those with some honest wear on it. The statement about lack of parts availability? Just how much would the Kanuckians have been shooting those? It's not like they've been on the battlefield through thick-and-thin like our 1911s?
Major bummer. :(
"lack of parts availibility" is IMO, a BS excuse :rolleyes: there are plenty of parts one can get for Hi-Power handguns internationally, especially the US and Europe. Heck, Canada could send them to Europe; say back to the Belgians ? :s0140:

Canadian taxpayers dollars at work ...... There is a reason their dollar is also known as the 1714489111466.png Loonie . ;)

Last Edited:

Apparently Browning discontinued parts and services for the Hi Power a couple months ago and sold stuff to BH Spring Solutions company of US... just all the more reason to liquidate the Canadian surplus Hi-Powers to the US civilian market.. but no.

"lack of parts availibility" is IMO, a BS excuse :rolleyes: there are plenty of parts one can get for Hi-Power handguns internationally, especially the US and Europe. Heck, Canada could send them to Europe; say back to the Belgians ? :s0140:
Yeah - the USCG said the same thing about the 52' MLBs; that they could not find parts for them - which is BS; the 6-71 DD engine is ubiquitous and lots of parts out there for them. Or they could just replace them with a newer engine. So they took the 52's out of service and did not replace them - yet. Stupid - the best long range MLB in their fleet and they shelved them.

It's not like they've been on the battlefield through thick-and-thin like our 1911s?
Mikej - 1.1 million Canadians served in World War II, with approximately 42,000 killed and another 55,000 wounded. The Canadian Forces were involved in the 1950–1953 Korean War and its aftermath. More than 30,000 Canadians participated on the side of the United Nations, and Canada sent eight destroyers. Canadian aircraft provided transport, supply and logistics. 516 Canadians died, 312 of which were from combat. After the war, Canadian troops remained for three years as military observers. Canada's role in the Afghanistan War began in late 2001. Canada sent its first element of soldiers secretly in October 2001 from Joint Task Force 2,[1] and the first contingents of regular Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) troops arrived in Afghanistan in January–February 2002. Canada's role in the Afghan conflict grew in 2006 when Canadian troops relieved US forces in Kandahar province, taking command of the multinational brigade in the region during a major Taliban offensive. The CAF had the highest per-capita casualty rate among coalition members. 159 Canadian soldiers died on missions in theater and another 22 died in non-combat circumstances.

Those Hi-Powers saw combat.

Great job Canadia, destroy history in the name of political correctness! My ex's uncle was in the Oregon National Guard a while back when they were phasing out the 1911 in favor of the Beretta; he said he watched in horror as they lined up all the 1911's in Oregon's inventory…. And cut them all down the middle with a torch. Breaks the heart to think about. 😭😭😭

Mikej - 1.1 million Canadians served in World War II, with approximately 42,000 killed and another 55,000 wounded. The Canadian Forces were involved in the 1950–1953 Korean War and its aftermath. More than 30,000 Canadians participated on the side of the United Nations, and Canada sent eight destroyers. Canadian aircraft provided transport, supply and logistics. 516 Canadians died, 312 of which were from combat. After the war, Canadian troops remained for three years as military observers. Canada's role in the Afghanistan War began in late 2001. Canada sent its first element of soldiers secretly in October 2001 from Joint Task Force 2,[1] and the first contingents of regular Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) troops arrived in Afghanistan in January–February 2002. Canada's role in the Afghan conflict grew in 2006 when Canadian troops relieved US forces in Kandahar province, taking command of the multinational brigade in the region during a major Taliban offensive. The CAF had the highest per-capita casualty rate among coalition members. 159 Canadian soldiers died on missions in theater and another 22 died in non-combat circumstances.

Those Hi-Powers saw combat.
I'm well aware Canada had involvement in the wars. Somehow I wouldn't think that Canada would be arming their military/police/what ever, with surplus arms. Kind of like U.S. various police forces weren't issued 1911s and used them up to current times.

If they sold them cheap enough you could buy two and use one for parts. Not new parts, but parts. :D

Anything Canada could get for them would be a plus to their coffers. How much are they paying to have them destroyed? Or maybe they're not really going to get destroyed, maybe they will be secretly sold to both Ukraine and Russia.

Reminds me of a couple decades back when Iraq initiated a war with Iran. I thought perfect, let these two grind each other into oblivion. We should sell weapons to whichever side is losing, for as long as they are losing, and then sell to the other side. Extend it as long as possible.

And the Canuckistan lawyers queue up to sue SIG for 320 "Accidental" discharges.
The difference will be if they are using M17/18 is the manual safety. The cases in the US have 320s with no manual safety. Sig has now had 12 cases dismissed and won one case at trial (to be fair, the finding was not that the gun did not go off, but that the plaintiff did not meet the burden of proof).

My usual disclaimer: I don't own any Sigs. My carry guns have manual safeties.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top