JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Little bit of everything in this one.

ZN2.jpg ZN1.jpg

Very cool! My 11 year old has been bugging me to get an AK, so I cheated and got a Century Arms AK9, (yes it's a Century but don't be too hard on me). I reload 9mm in BULK and it made sense because he shoots my 9mm in bulk. I watch your threads and wish I had the skills and knowledge that you have pertaining to firearms. It's very impressive.

Not to mention the over sized m70 trunnions and thicker receiver to match.
Yeah, Thats not actually an M70 trunnion. Its a US made RPK trunnion. A guy on the AK files custom CNC machines them. Oddly enough its easier to get one of those these days than M70 trunnions. The once flooded market has dried up. The receiver is a Childers unit I had made a few years ago for an aborted SBR project.

The selector is a Yugo M92 piece.

Like I said these are all spare parts or aborted project parts . Im clean out of enough Usable AK parts to build another gun with. An acquaintance is sending me some very rare AK parts to 3D model for CNC machining so thats going to take up a little time soon.

Last Edited:
I keep zooming in and drooling.

Baked enamel paint?
That is duracoat bad@ss 2 part epoxy . I blast the surface with coarse ground glass then wash, dry and spray . Instructions have you wait 4 weeks until full use but thats stupid. I bake it at 250 for 2 hours and it matte's up the finish a bit and in my opinion makes it more durable than cerakote . I prefer the duracoat because it sets up much faster than cerakote and is nowhere near as obnoxious to breath.

Two words. Moly Resin.
Theres some better stuff out there these days. Moly Resins been kicking around a long time and its a good finish but its kind of in the same league as the old KG gunkote. Better but some of the epoxies out there now are more durable and are more attractive finishes. Ive used a ton of it 15+ years ago along with the gunkote and Brownells crap(!) The duracoat badass when baked on is comparable or harder then cerakote catalyzed . Not all cerakote is good. Some of it is plain trash. Not all duracoat is very good either but the new badass is pretty good.

Last Edited:
Yeah, Thats not actually an M70 trunnion. Its a US made RPK trunnion. A guy on the AK files custom CNC machines them. Oddly enough its easier to get one of those these days than M70 trunnions. The once flooded market has dried up. The receiver is a Childers unit I had made a few years ago for an aborted SBR project.

The selector is a Yugo M92 piece.

Like I said these are all spare parts or aborted project parts . Im clean out of enough Usable AK parts to build another gun with. An acquaintance is sending me some very rare AK parts to 3D model for CNC machining so thats going to take up a little time soon.
All those details and you managed to leave out what size screws you used? :rolleyes:

FlameSuit.jpg

:s0108:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews