JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thumnail-3.jpg
What a smooth rifle and I still feel as if I am day dreaming about it. I have seen these lever actions in magazines, online for a very long time over for over a decade. Three different versions have been imported by Taylors Co. The early Alaskans had either no optic rail or a Weaver style rail. The current rifles come with a picatinny rail with an integrated Skinner rear aperture sight The lever loop was changed a bit, from a large loop to a D-shaped loop. With the new D-shaped loop profile even large hands with gloves can operate the lever.

The 1892 takedown I shot today was a 44Magnum with four different loads of ammunition. One thing that has seemed to be a constant with lever actions at least the ones I have tried in 38spl/357Magnum and 44spl/44Magnum have all been a little finicky in feeding the specials. The Chiappa Takedown was flawless in feeding specials.

I fired Hornady 44Magnum FTX225gr, Winchester 44 Special, Winchester 44Magnum and some of my own loads. With all of these loads it was a very soft shooter mainly because of the soft rubber butt pad. The 44 Specials felt like 38 Special out of a lever realistically. The one thing I noticed with all loads they shot low at 10 and 20 yards. In the future I will test from 50 and possibly even 100 yards to see where the point of aim may be.

More to come

View: https://youtu.be/SWcCwLMHT3Y

Personally, I think the best takedown lever action I have shot/owned is my Browning BLR in .308 Win

The second would be my Miroku Winchester Model 92 Takedown in .44 Mag.

I have not shot/owned or even handled the Chiappa - so I reserve judgement on that.

Man you have some nice ones. I have handled the Browning very nice though lever feeding was a little clunky-ish to me. The Aero Survival was a really nice semi auto I have handled It was just not appealing to the eye lol. The Winchester was very nice I mean very, I know it's a tool at the end of the day but the bluing and wood said to nice to be out in the brush I would be to afraid to scratch it lol. I know I am a little weird.

Man you have some nice ones. I have handled the Browning very nice though lever feeding was a little clunky-ish to me. The Aero Survival was a really nice semi auto I have handled It was just not appealing to the eye lol. The Winchester was very nice I mean very, I know it's a tool at the end of the day but the bluing and wood said to nice to be out in the brush I would be to afraid to scratch it lol. I know I am a little weird.
My Winchester is a safe queen, bought it ANIB and put one round thru it then stowed it away.

I have a handy little Rossi .44 mag carbine that has a nice action and I am not afraid to have it out in the brush or truck.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews