JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thumnail-3.jpg
What a smooth rifle and I still feel as if I am day dreaming about it. I have seen these lever actions in magazines, online for a very long time over for over a decade. Three different versions have been imported by Taylors Co. The early Alaskans had either no optic rail or a Weaver style rail. The current rifles come with a picatinny rail with an integrated Skinner rear aperture sight The lever loop was changed a bit, from a large loop to a D-shaped loop. With the new D-shaped loop profile even large hands with gloves can operate the lever.

The 1892 takedown I shot today was a 44Magnum with four different loads of ammunition. One thing that has seemed to be a constant with lever actions at least the ones I have tried in 38spl/357Magnum and 44spl/44Magnum have all been a little finicky in feeding the specials. The Chiappa Takedown was flawless in feeding specials.

I fired Hornady 44Magnum FTX225gr, Winchester 44 Special, Winchester 44Magnum and some of my own loads. With all of these loads it was a very soft shooter mainly because of the soft rubber butt pad. The 44 Specials felt like 38 Special out of a lever realistically. The one thing I noticed with all loads they shot low at 10 and 20 yards. In the future I will test from 50 and possibly even 100 yards to see where the point of aim may be.

More to come

View: https://youtu.be/SWcCwLMHT3Y

Personally, I think the best takedown lever action I have shot/owned is my Browning BLR in .308 Win

The second would be my Miroku Winchester Model 92 Takedown in .44 Mag.

I have not shot/owned or even handled the Chiappa - so I reserve judgement on that.

Man you have some nice ones. I have handled the Browning very nice though lever feeding was a little clunky-ish to me. The Aero Survival was a really nice semi auto I have handled It was just not appealing to the eye lol. The Winchester was very nice I mean very, I know it's a tool at the end of the day but the bluing and wood said to nice to be out in the brush I would be to afraid to scratch it lol. I know I am a little weird.

Man you have some nice ones. I have handled the Browning very nice though lever feeding was a little clunky-ish to me. The Aero Survival was a really nice semi auto I have handled It was just not appealing to the eye lol. The Winchester was very nice I mean very, I know it's a tool at the end of the day but the bluing and wood said to nice to be out in the brush I would be to afraid to scratch it lol. I know I am a little weird.
My Winchester is a safe queen, bought it ANIB and put one round thru it then stowed it away.

I have a handy little Rossi .44 mag carbine that has a nice action and I am not afraid to have it out in the brush or truck.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews