JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@11Charlie mentioned in the Washington rally thread that members who attended should get a banner under their name, and I agree. It just so happens I've had something in the works pertaining to this, a new badge system. This system isn't quite ready but being as we're to the point where members will start seeing clues, I figured I better go ahead and post a few words now :)

Simply put, this new feature will allow members to earn badges and feature them under your username and on your member profile page. Badges are earned either manually (such as attending a volunteer event and then requesting the badge) or automatically for hitting certain criteria (such as reaching 1000 posts). As we continue to develop this we'll be adding additional badges and trophies to our trophy list, many of which a lot of you will have earned as soon as we create them (for criteria you've already met). Once this system is a little more mature I'll update this post, add an entry to our help system, and make this "more official". In the meantime feel free to ask questions here and play around (if you can figure it out).

Disclaimer: I'm sure some of you more serious folks will find this feature dumb, and that's fine. It's completely optional and you're more than welcome to ignore it ;)

Viewing and Requesting Badges

You can view available badges and request they be added to your profile on the badges page. Click the request button to request. You can also recommend badges for others here.

Badge Feature/Display Instructions

1. Hover over your username and click it to go to your account profile page.

1580139918195.png

2. Click the Badges tab.

Note: This tab will not be present if you haven't received a badge yet.

1580140043948.png

3) Click the Feature button.

1580140136700.png

4) Click the Available Badges tab, then click the arrows to feature each badge.

Note: You can feature up to six badges. Trying to feature additional badges after the six will not work, but you can return to this badge to add, remove, or rearrange badges.

1580140254634.png

5. Your badges will be listed under the Featured Badges tab. Click the arrows to unfeature a badge, or click and hold the three lines to rearrange the order of your featured badges.

1580140403461.png

Last Edited:
Nice, will badges like NRA, 2nd Amendment Foundation, and attending rallies go by the honor system or will proof need to be provided?

So how do you get something like the NRA badge added? I see the badge area in my profile space, but no tools to request or add them.
Go to this page:
And request any that apply to you. I suggest you not give Member #s or other PII in the request.

Nice, will badges like NRA, 2nd Amendment Foundation, and attending rallies go by the honor system or will proof need to be provided?

It will depend on the badge, and it could change at any time :)

More info will be coming out about how to add these once @Joe Link has the chance to fully vet this new feature...We appreciate your patience.

Yep! One of the reasons I'm not taking the time to release instructions or information is because, in my opinion, the system isn't very user friendly right now. I'm going to try to make changes to improve it.

@Diamondback is correct in his post below, you request badges on the badge page. I'll give you guys another hint; to add/arrange the badges under your username you go to the badges tab on your member profile and click the "Feature" button :)

Go to this page:
And request any that apply to you. I suggest you not give Member #s or other PII in the request.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top