JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of someone is considered reformed and not a danger and released into society, then all rights should be completely restored. If they are still a danger to society, then they should stay locked up.

& here's the joke below... directly from the atf website..
I've written to my senators requesting this agency be terminated but haven't heard back.

Dan

Our Mission
To conduct investigations utilizing our unique expertise, partnerships, and intelligence to enhance public safety by enforcing the laws and regulations and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.

Our Vision
A leader in the Nation's fight to disrupt violent crime for safer communities.

Our Values
We pledge an unwavering professional and organizational commitment to:
  • Commit to the health, safety, and well-being of our workforce.
  • Champion diversity, equality, inclusion, and collaboration.
  • Maintain open communication, transparency, and accountability with the communities we serve.
  • Manage our resources efficiently and effectively.
  • Remain agile through continuous learning and self-improvement.
  • Treat everyone with respect and dignity.
  • Uphold the highest levels of integrity and professionalism.

... directly from the atf website

Our Mission
To conduct investigations utilizing our unique expertise, partnerships, and intelligence to enhance public safety by enforcing the laws and regulations and uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.

Our Vision

Our Values
  • Maintain open communication, transparency, and accountability with the communities we serve.
full.gif :rolleyes::s0140:

Good for him; I hope he's successful. I'm far from any kind of legal expert, so maybe my understanding of expungement is weak. My understanding is that it makes the record of the arrest go away, legally. If this guy went through that process, I don't understand how he's still a prohibited person.

My dad was arrested a long time ago, back when I was a teenager, and eventually had it expunged. He was completely innocent, wrong place/wrong time, arrested to cover up the screwup of a cop who should have never been a cop, acquitted and expunged. There were no limits on his rights as a result.

I've written to my senators requesting this agency be terminated but haven't heard back.

Dan

Our Mission

Our Vision

Our Values
They forgot:
  • To shoot your dog.

Cantwell & Murray both voted to nominate Steven Dettelbach as head of the ATF.
We already know these 2 need to be gone.

Merkley & Wyden (Oregon) also voted to nominate him.
All 4 of these are democrats.

Vote Counts:
YEAs 48
NAYs 46

Not Voting - 6
Blumenthal (D-CT), Leahy (D-VT), Lujan (D-NM), Risch (R-ID), Sasse (R-NE), Schumer (D-NY)

Every vote counts unless you don't vote..

Dan

Dan

Our Mission

Our Vision

Our Values
Ra Ra Shish Boom Baaaa, sounds like a daily pep talk at the local walmart, What a bunch of maroons! I bet they paid some outside private contractor to write that, to the tune of 11 million dollars of our tax payer money! Sounds like the AFT sure takes their "Public Service" seriously,...................NOT!

You have to file for the expungement and it is only hidden from public view…,
LE , the courts system, etc still sees it on record tho…
They can see it but from what I understand is that it cannot be used against a person unless they reoffend. I could be mistaken but I know a couple persons with things expunged.

My understanding is that it makes the record of the arrest go away, legally.

It's supposed to, but it's not guaranteed. I once had a 40 year old misdemeanor show up on a background check, and I had to call the OSP and straighten them out. It showed up again a few years later on a CHL renewal and it took a copy of the expungement order to convince them. So it can still show up.

You have to file for the expungement and it is only hidden from public view…,
LE , the courts system, etc still sees it on record tho…
Interesting. My dad was told that if he were pulled over for speeding, the officer wouldn't see it, but that was over 30 years ago. I think he had one traffic ticket in his life, squeaky clean record. I have to wonder, if it's still visible and held against you as per the story in the OP, what's the point of an expungement?

Anyone has the possibility to re-offend...just like anyone has the possibility to offend in the first place.
However.....

Just because one has a possibility or a could ...is not enough reason , by itself , to suspect that they will....
Andy

Anyone has the possibility to re-offend...just like anyone has the possibility to offend in the first place.
However.....

Just because one has a possibility or a could ...is not enough reason , by itself , to suspect that they will....
Andy
However when it becomes a pattern, like psychopaths with Federal badges committing premeditated murder and even mass murder against American citizens and their fellow Criminal Misallocations of Viable Organs among DOJ's lawyer bench getting them free passes for it...

May the skies open up and eternally rain torrents, on a level to make Genesis look like a mere sprinkle, of pungent brown buttjuice upon all such jackboots and all who support them.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews