JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a bit different for this forum, I know, but I'm sure I'm not the only artistic (that's "art" not "aut") member here. So this thread can be a showcase for your artwork.

If you made it yourself (painting, drawing, sculpture, digital, wood carving, glassblowing, etc.) then post it here. NOTE: I'd like to keep this thread free of AI-generated art, that's a big thing right now, but here I'd like to focus on human-made art.

I'll start the ball rolling with an actual watercolor I did a few years ago. It's of a rock formation I saw in Cabo San Lucas.

Fortress Rock (watercolor, 6" x 9.5")

FortressRock.jpg

I'll post some of my other work here periodically, but I'd like to see stuff by others as well.

How about photography, non-photoshop type?
Yep. Photography is included. I use Photoshop to adjust contrast, exposure and such on shots I've taken, so I don't have a problem with that. If you took the shot, this is the place to post it.

The Pont du Gard, near Vers-Pont-du-Gard, southern France...

Took the photo while visiting there in 1999
(Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F 35mm SLR)...

Pont du Gard-photo.jpg

So I could draw it, around 2001 or so...
(pencil sketch on heavy stock)

Pont du Gard-sketch.jpg

As a civil engineer, Roman architecture, and specifically Roman aqueducts, fascinate me...

Last Edited:
1. Old barn,hawk color pencil
2. Star of India watercolor
3. my '49 Jaguar watercolor
4. a friend's trimaran on the Snake watercolor
5. early AM Chief Timothy dock watercolor

all were then scanned and sharpened for detail,

Barn and Hawk print.jpg fore sails 8 x 10 watercolour.jpg winter jaguar   8 x 10  JPEG.jpg mantis 10 x 13.jpg lite.jpg early raceday 10 x 12  brite waterclour.jpg

Last Edited:
Here is a graphite drawing I did of Hudson, my Porcupine Mastiff (it's not exactly AKC recognized, but he's had 13 porcupine encounters so far, so that's what I call him).

Hudson Drools (graphite, 8x10)
HudsonDrools.jpg

Yep. Photography is included. I use Photoshop to adjust contrast, exposure and such on shots I've taken, so I don't have a problem with that. If you took the shot, this is the place to post it.
Have used PS immensely to a ton of manipulation. Most of it I could do in Darkroom too though, so…

But this photo: no photoshop and very little post pro:

6FC32040-8917-4EB0-B72D-1C0D28BBDF52.jpeg
Specs:
1686568182622.png

Funny dumb moment: I left my remote shutter release at home accidentally, but really wanted this shot…so held down the shutter release for all 707 seconds…couldn't feel my finger for a bit afterwards.

Have used PS immensely to a ton of manipulation. Most of it I could do in Darkroom too though, so…

But this photo: no photoshop and very little post pro:

View attachment 1436416
Specs:
View attachment 1436417

Funny dumb moment: I left my remote shutter release at home accidentally, but really wanted this shot…so held down the shutter release for all 707 seconds…couldn't feel my finger for a bit afterwards.
Excellent shot!

Long exposures can be tricky. I've tried a few times to shoot a lightning storm, but the durn lightning always seemed to wait until the shutter was closed.

Here's a graphite drawing I did a looooong time ago. Really screwed up the ear, but everything else came out well.

Boudiccea (graphite 14x20)

Boudiccea.jpg

Also, here's one of the ads I'm running for my services, and a link to my site if you're interested.

NWFA-Banner_728x90.png

Portrait commission: Dreamer & Izzy.
Dreamer is an older dog, and Izzy is the new young pup. You can see the mischief in her eyes. I was given two different photos, one of each dog. I sketched the dogs together and went from there. Spent the longest time on those darn sheet folds (painting fabric is hard!).

Dreamer and Izzy (digital, 16x16)

Dreamer-Izzy_800.jpg

Been going through my old vacation photos and finding lots of inspiration for art.

Between commissions, I'm working on a series of paintings from our vacation in the Arches National Park area in and around Moab, Utah. I hate naming paintings so instead of "Purple Majesty" or similar tripe, I'm simply naming them "Arches" along with the particular photo I used as a reference.

This is the first one (finished it Monday).

Arches 2505 (digital, 30x48)

Arches_2505_thum.jpg

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top