JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good percentage of our populous are lazy degenerates that have no respect for bubbleguming anything; It's not that they're mentally deficient or inherently evil, it's just their parents were pieces of bubblegum.

There, I said it.

Not just the shooters, unfortunately. I've come across far too many piles of random household trash, food and booze trash, clothes and camping trash just around the Willamette National Forest near Cascadia...
Ditton this!

I have often seen more non shooter related trash in the woods.

Not too many years ago I drove to a 'shooting spot' not far from home and upon arrival saw a HUGH pile of tires.

Ok - This did NOT appear to be something a private person would do and I saw what looked like 'tire shop' markings on some of them.

I called the Forest Circus and reported this. At the time there WAS an 'independent' tire shop in LaPine and while not 'passing judgement' - 'word on the street' later it was this shop that hauled the tires out and dumped them - but it could not be proven.

Sorry this is more of a rant than a discussion. I apologize.
Nah, this ain't no rant, and there is no need for an apology. What you say is what needs to be done. I been taking out others filth in addition to my own trash since I started playing in the 'sticks' in the '70's. Always leave it better than you found it. That is the goal. Wife is the same way. We have seen some real garbage in our hunting trips, or just exploring trips, over the years. It's remarkable that some people just don't appreciate, don't care...

Good on you for your efforts. Thank you!

@ Bcam
"Most of us have pickup trucks or some type of SUV. Why don't you position the vehicle to where the shells can eject into the truck bed or the back of the SUV which can be swept out later at the dump. Sorry this is more of a rant than a discussion. I apologize. I am trying to be more involved with trash No land"

Not really, a lot of people don't have trucks or SUV's. That doesn't necessarily mean that you need one to go out and shoot.
Spread out a tarp to catch the casings and take a bucket with you.
Not exactly rocket science here.

Not just the shooters, unfortunately. I've come across far too many piles of random household trash, food and booze trash, clothes and camping trash

There are far worse litterbugs on the planet. Locally, I'd say it might be a cultural issue. People from other countries " don't know any better " and just dump everything from tires, to broken appliances, to household food waste on logging roads. Mostly just right inside the gate. Oddly enough, some of the families who have lived here for multiple generations do exactly the same disgusting sh!+.
It isn't limited to shooters. It's throughout society. I think at lot of it is how you're raised. My children were all taught to dispose of trash properly. However, one of the sons-in-law (whose parents were from a well-known southern state) is a chronic litterbug. A really crummy habit that my grandson seems to have adopted by example. When he's with me, I'm on him solid about not leaving trash on the ground. Yet when I get over to their place, I find candy wrappers, etc., laying around the back yard.

I think dumping on public lands sometimes involves economics. Some people just don't want to spend the money to haul stuff to the dump.

As previously mentioned, it's worse in some foreign countries. But others are fairly strict and you can incur a fine if caught throwing a small piece of trash on the ground.

Singapore comes to mind
Some of the Commie countries were pretty strict. And now ex-Commie countries. In Lithuania, there is an instant fine of $145 for getting caught throwing a cigarette butt on the ground.

Sub-Saharan Africa is bad for litter. They have other things to worry about, like survival. Some of the non-oil rich middle eastern countries (example, Pakistan) are pretty bad. In many, like Afghanistan, outside the city "surface defecation" is common, all year round, including frozen ground in winter.

Harry Rutstein replicated Marco Polo's journey from Acre to Beijing. I found his observations about cultural practices of male outdoor urination interesting. In the "west," standing is common. Where Europe ends and the middle east begins, it's common for men to kneel on one knee. Where the middle east ends and China begins, squatting is common.

Some of the Commie countries were pretty strict. And now ex-Commie countries. In Lithuania, there is an instant fine of $145 for getting caught throwing a cigarette butt on the ground.

Sub-Saharan Africa is bad for litter. They have other things to worry about, like survival. Some of the non-oil rich middle eastern countries (example, Pakistan) are pretty bad. In many, like Afghanistan, outside the city "surface defecation" is common, all year round, including frozen ground in winter.

Harry Rutstein replicated Marco Polo's journey from Acre to Beijing. I found his observations about cultural practices of male outdoor urination interesting. In the "west," standing is common. Where Europe ends and the middle east begins, it's common for men to kneel on one knee. Where the middle east ends and China begins, squatting is common.

164BC5EE-DCCF-437B-B011-276EBEE0D54F.jpeg
188B1542-ACB6-46DB-B0F5-41BD1F13A157.jpeg

A40F3E7A-CC3B-4EC3-B878-26AB08316AC5.jpeg

22ACC6CE-090C-4417-B56D-FBEF136CD3AE.png
931EC85C-5066-4488-8E52-51343D6619CA.png
4ED88D82-60D0-488F-A0A5-63D10D349CC1.jpeg

We don't have the same problem with brass littering here in Bend, OR. The most used shooting pit off of China Hat Rd. is surrounded with homeless camps. The homeless are out in the pit picking up brass to resell before we are even done shooting. Once I was even asked if I would mind if they picked up my brass... usually they never ask.

It is the targets, cans, glass bottles, furniture and abandoned cars that piss me off. I always leave the pit cleaner than I found it... but there is so much junk nobody would ever know that I do.

We don't have the same problem with brass littering here in Bend, OR. The most used shooting pit off of China Hat Rd. is surrounded with homeless camps. The homeless are out in the pit picking up brass to resell before we are even done shooting. Once I was even asked if I would mind if they picked up my brass... usually they never ask.

It is the targets, cans, glass bottles, furniture and abandoned cars that piss me off. I always leave the pit cleaner than I found it... but there is so much junk nobody would ever know that I do.
I always pick up the brass just for this reason, one less reason for homeless to make the trip to the woods to pick up brass and dump their crap.

No. The guys I shoot with pick up theirs and others trash. Folks that litter are selfish jack wagons. They probably don't even wash their hands before they eat.

Singapore comes to mind
The big cities in Japan are relatively trash free and it's amazing to see this given the population density. Go to New York City and there are stains on the sidewalk, gum, and trash everywhere. It's a cultural thing.

As a side note Japan doesn't have a lot of homeless as it's considered a shameful thing, at least according to my wife. I saw some but rarely, and they're not fully interactive and in-your-face aggressive like here on the west coast. This was in the most populated urban cities also like Osaka and Tokyo.

The big cities in Japan are relatively trash free and it's amazing to see this given the population density. Go to New York City and there are stains on the sidewalk, gum, and trash everywhere. It's a cultural thing.

As a side note Japan doesn't have a lot of homeless as it's considered a shameful thing, at least according to my wife. I saw some but rarely, and they're not fully interactive and in-your-face aggressive like here on the west coast. This was in the most populated urban cities also like Osaka and Tokyo.
Here they don't even pickup the bodies. Homelessness = profit for the ones getting gov $. Fe this guy's body apparently decomposed for 2 months in a homeless shelter. Drugs = crime and homelessness which puts millions into non profits that take the gov $. And free flow of drugs like fentanyl and the new meth just make more of them. It's a vicious circle. All drugs are legal and open air drug markets and dealing are common. It's just idiotic.

Last Edited:
That homeless money is laundered through Non-Profits, some of the executive directors are getting paid $800,000 annually. I bet the kickbacks are sweet.

Pigs are every where.
I've been organizing shooting pit clean ups for about five years now up in the Darrington area.
It's amazing how much stuff they leave behind after they get done with their recreational activities.
I take my grandson out so he can shoot everything weekend from spring until fall and pick up trash on every outings.
I will be organizing a pit clean up for some time in June. I'll pick a pit and then start the planing and try to get the volunteers together for the clean up.
I contact the DNR so they can shut to pit down for the clean up and they generally send a person there to take care of any problems that might arise.
Our last clean up the DNR flipped the bill for the dump fees on 5,000 pounds plus of trash we dumped at the Snohomish "County transfer station.

It's an on going situation with these dumb azz wipes and their trash.
They are to stupid to figure it out, leave your garbage and they shut the pits down, simple as that.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top