JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good decision on the Glock mag based lower.

Personally, I used an Angstadt Arms lower that does give LRBHO. I also used a PSA 16" upper and have been very happy with it and its reliability.

I have not searched this site about 9mm builds but there are several threads on Calguns about this topic.

I have retained the buffer and spring (without issues) to give a similar weight and feel as an AR-15. However, I just purchased a pressure plug as an alternative but have not tried it out yet. (Note: reliability for the plug issue vs buffer seems to be more of a problem with the drop in AR conversions from what I read.)

Good luck with your plans and build OP!

I would suggest sticking to one vendor to ensure complete compatibility.

Especially if that vendor also sells complete pistol and rifles. This means that the stripped parts are most likely the same ones they use when they do their builds.

My family is from the Carolinas and when I was looking into building my AR, they recommended PSA. That was 7+ years ago and many different builds with no issues.

This is my latest build PA-9, stripped lower, BFSIII Binary, PSA lower parts kit, complete 10.5" 9mm upper.
20200620_142401.jpg

Well... my wife has put off my 9mm AR build idea for a while. She decided this afternoon that she needed a 9mm WASR-M AK... I'll never learn to not take her to the gun shop with me ;)
BTW... the queue for background checks was only at 246 at 4:30 this afternoon. So, she should be able to pick it up Monday.

I recommend you look into using the CMMG radial delayed blowback system. You can buy just the bolt/barrel if you don't want to go with their complete upper or a complete rifle/pistol. Softer shooting and better design if you are going to ever suppress it.

I should have gotten the CMMG RDB the first time around.
My lil 8" with endomags.
4aEPTRPl.jpg

It's about to go under the knife again.
Now it's going to cost me even more since prices have gone up but I'm getting the CMMG RDB barrel, BCG and mag inserts.
I was going to get a matching Aero upper but waited to long for that bus so I'll just reuse that upper and true the face of it so my sights aren't cranked all the way to the left.

ke arms ambi lower, faxon barrel, cmt hadguards, obin billet reciever, QC10 bcg/buffer. hybrid muzzle/flas can.

its blowback, if i were to buy a new one it would be a cmmg like my mk10

I should have gotten the CMMG RDB the first time around.
My lil 8" with endomags.
View attachment 730121

It's about to go under the knife again.
Now it's going to cost me even more since prices have gone up but I'm getting the CMMG RDB barrel, BCG and mag inserts.
I was going to get a matching Aero upper but waited to long for that bus so I'll just reuse that upper and true the face of it so my sights aren't cranked all the way to the left.
Ours look like they could be brothers! I have so many glock mags that i went with a glock lower though.

3631F984-4416-4318-A258-2694DAE3DD98.jpeg

I built mine with a FoxTrot Mike upper and an Aero Precision standard lower. By the time I found a heavier buffer, .308 buffer spring, mag adapter, and buffer tube and brace, it would have been cheaper to just buy a complete gun from FM.

Taccom3g for the barrel with dual feed ramps. Really helps. Glock lowers have enough space in between barrel and mag that jams can come from the gap. I highly recommend along with their bolts.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top