JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Basically it is now a hodge podge of parts, including AA and then on to far more expensive pieces. This has been close to three years in the making, trying to diagnose the issue and replacing this or that. Reading a lot of what prior posters have recommended and going with what was found. Really doesn't make sense, at least to me. I'm not just some person who blindly replaces things or will not put thought into something. People who are close to me come to me to help with issues, I tend to be a problem solver, I'm just stumped on this. I'm about to trade both rifles for a set of sewing needles, just so I can have a new challenge šŸ˜
A gunsmith that could cast and spec your chamber and provided ammo is where I would start.

Personally, I would get your bca running, whether sending it back to bca and having them fix it or fixing it yourself. Once it's running right, you have a test mule to see why your other parts aren't working. The old process and elimination. In my opinion, well worth the work, there a lot of fun, and you don't need a spotting scope to see where you're hitting the target. I have 2 ruger blackhawks in 45 colt, had to ream the throats and firelap the barrels, now there tackdrivers, is ruger a bubblegum company?

I had a 50 upper from bear creek, seems like I had to go through the bolt and carrier before I got it to run right at first but then it ran fine as long as the mags fed right. Seems like metal mags with magpul followers and only loaded to 6-7 rounds worked the best, 10 rounds gave me feed issues. Never bought the special followers or mags for the round though.

I just got back home after stopping by a friends house to discuss the issue and as @Mike7b stated I'm taking the bolt apart in the BCA for a look. Will test it out tomorrow. I'll report back tomorrow.

Ok, did a thorough cleaning in both Beowulf's, performed a "trick" I found on youtube and headed to the range. The trick was removing the donut o-ring on the extractor spring. I'll call it a success! The BCA seems slightly under gassed as twice it did not pick up the next round in the mag, my other rifle ran 100%. The BCA doesn't have an adjustable gas block so I may have to play with buffer weights before I remove the gas block to measure the hole size. Other than that I'm freakin happy to say the least. Now, my son's AR that we built together for his Bday, that's a different story. He was using 10 rounds mags, a Colt brand and a Pmag. Both mags simply wouldn't feed properly, when it cycled it would close on an empty chamber, resulting in just a click when there should have been a bang. Almost thinking gas issues on that one too, it's a 556 chamber Faxon barrel and bolt. Fixed gas block too.

Checking back in on this thread, I now have two fully functional 50 Beowulf rifles now. I spent way too much time and money getting here but nonetheless here I am. I ended up removing all the sharp edges from the bolt and receiver extension, polishing the chambers, and playing with buffer springs and weights. I'm not sure what to do with the extra rifle at this point but at least I can say I won the battle.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews