JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You may already know this, but if you log into your Silencer Shop account, and then go to this link: https://www.silencershop.com/dealerprice/dealer/myorders It should show you exactly the status of your order and where it stands. As you work through the process, it shows you what date the form 3 was submitted, then when it is approved, then when the suppressor shipped along with a tracking number, and then when it arrives at your FFL. Then on the FFL to enter it and finalize the process: https://www.silencershop.com/dealerprice/dealer/myorders
Correct.
I'm at 22 days, been showing "preparing for eform" for a few weeks now.
Same. Just a waiting game for that ATF clowns to approve a normal transfer between FFL's.

You'd think an F3 is pretty standard rubber stamp approval.

That is strange, because IIRC you bought in store available inventory.

My timeline for most recent:

Silencershop Order placed 3/21.

Silencershop docusign 3/21.

Silencershop FedEx label created 4/3. (Assume form 3 approval to FFL)

FedEx picked up package to my FFL 4/4. (Package weighs 18lbs, so assume many customers suppresors, perhaps ATF batching form 3's???)

Expected FFL delivery 4/8 or 4/9.

Assume a day or 2 after delivery to get notification to go down & certify. So perhaps ok to certify 4/9-4/11. Unlikely to have time to go to FFL until 4/12 anyhows...so that works out on our side.

So far is looking around 20ish days total (projected), for my order (was in stock @ silencershop) to likely being ready to Certify.

Once certified is when the ATF form 4 approval timeline starts...
This is great data. Follow @Camelfilter 's lead, here is my timeline having got the atf approval in 4 days. Includes my time spent where applicable.

day 0 - Purchase
day 2 - Form sent to me to sign
day 2 - 2 min to sign
day 3 - 5 min including hold time to certify form 4 (ie form 4 submitted)
day 7 - atf approval
Day 7 - 10 min to fill out form 4473
Day 10 - Submit to Cleo certified mail
Day 21 - Mailed out 7 days after Cleo receives notice
Day ? Received at home

Last Edited:
This is great data. Follow @Camelfilter 's lead, here is my timeline having got the atf approval in 4 days. Includes my time spent where applicable.

day 0 - Purchase
day 2 - Form sent to me to sign
day 2 - 2 min to sign
day 3 - 5 min including hold time to certify form 4 (ie form 4 submitted)
day 7 - atf approval
Day 7 10 min to fill out form 4473
Day ? Submit to Cleo certified mail
Day ? Mailed out 7 days after Cleo receives notice
Day ? Received
Submit to Cleo?

Submit to Cleo?
Yea they seem to formalize the "submit notice to Cleo" part vs for me it always seemed like an almost optional (it's not actually) formality. Must be due to legal reasons (guessing). They do all this there is nothing on the consumer side to do. They seem very formal that they "have" to wait 7 days after CLEO receives notice before they mail it to your house. Seems there must be a legal reason for it that I don't know about.

45E769C2-DE83-4B51-B1A0-D551F194CC9B.jpeg

From SilencerShop on an IN STOCK item

As of 4/9/24

Purchased Online: 3/26/24 (AM)
Documents e-signed: 3/27/24
Form 3 Submitted: 3/28/24
Form 3 Approved: 4/3/24 (finally registered approved on 4/9/24)
Certified: __________________
Form 4 Submitted: _________
Form 4 Approved: __________
Suppressor In Hand: _______

Last Edited:
Certified this morning at 11:56 AM, finally. Purchased 3/15, only took 22days to certify, who would have thought that would be the longest part of the wait.

Certified this morning at 11:56 AM, finally. Purchased 3/15, only took 22days to certify, who would have thought that would be the longest part of the wait.
Glad you finally got it done! I submitted two more form 4s- one yesterday and one today. Will be interesting to see if these come back as quick, since if you look at silencershops page there is a sudden jump to 11 days from 3 just two days ago for form 4s. Obviously still crazy good and way better than before, but wonder why the sudden jump when it has been sustained at 3-4 days for the past 3 weeks for individual approvals. . .

Glad you finally got it done! I submitted two more form 4s- one yesterday and one today. Will be interesting to see if these come back as quick, since if you look at silencershops page there is a sudden jump to 11 days from 3 just two days ago for form 4s. Obviously still crazy good and way better than before, but wonder why the sudden jump when it has been sustained at 3-4 days for the past 3 weeks for individual approvals. . .
Keeping my fingers crossed for now. My dealer said submissions are up like 800%

In the que for approval for 6 cans. Just certified again today at 445. Will certify the last can sometime in the next couple days. First cans ordered 3-12 and went to ATF 4-2.....Single shot unlimited trusts.....

Got to take home two today, my dead air mask and the ruggged Alaskan 360. Bonus pic of my AKV modeling the Alaskan.

I also dropped off a ruger no 1 to be threaded to use with the Alaskan that should be real nice, in addition being able to use it with the seekins element that replaced it as my primary elk rifle.

IMG_4273.jpeg IMG_4271.jpeg

Was woken up this AM to my email alerting me to a Form 4 approval, for a Rugged Oculus. That form 4 was approved in under 2 days- 1 day 17 hours to be exact! What is weird though is that I submitted this Form 4 on Tuesday afternoon of this week, however submitted a different Form 4 for another suppressor a day earlier, on Monday, and that one has not yet cleared. I realize i am only now 3 days in on that one, so not at all complaining or anything, but just interesting to see how this is all playing out regarding fast approvals for some cans and which ones are getting approved when. . .

Was woken up this AM to my email alerting me to a Form 4 approval, for a Rugged Oculus. That form 4 was approved in under 2 days- 1 day 17 hours to be exact! What is weird though is that I submitted this Form 4 on Tuesday afternoon of this week, however submitted a different Form 4 for another suppressor a day earlier, on Monday, and that one has not yet cleared. I realize i am only now 3 days in on that one, so not at all complaining or anything, but just interesting to see how this is all playing out regarding fast approvals for some cans and which ones are getting approved when. . .
Interesting, I thought they were batch processing.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top