JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I might go, but then again I might just save the admisson and parking so I can go shooting and just buy the same things online for cheaper. But if I do go it will be to hopefully find fair priced gsg mags, and bulk .22

those 5.00 hotdogs are good. I think they put something in them, cuz I cant ever stay away

Here's that "something"

It does vary from one brand to the next, Look at the ingredients list and see if it contains things like:

MSM / Mechanically separated meat / advanced meat bone separation / meat recovery systems - if it does, this is often chicken, either way, the "meat" is obtained as follows: Once they have stripped as much "real meat" from the bones, the bones (along with skin, feet and heads) and put into a giant centrifuge - that spins at an extremely high speed. VERY powerful (x,000 psi) water jets are directed into the drum and the contents basically break down into a "slightly gritty pink slurry".

Better quality hot-dogs may not contain chicken / MSM - but the "budget" ones nearly always do.

Add to that the rest of the pig that you would not normally consider "meat". In the UK - and I strongly suspect elsewhere - the **ONLY** part of the pig that cannot be legally added to the pot if the left ear - which is the part that takes all the jabs / inoculations / hormones etc.

EVERYTHING else is fair game, intestines, brain, "bits", skin, bone (after being liquidized into slurry by high pressure centrifuges).

Then they add a hint or two of glutinous matter, a bit more pink dye and some spices to it. Squeeze it out into an edible plastic tube and voila - one hot dog :) Intestines ARE fair game for a hot-dog but are not usually used as the casings - these are used only for better quality (!) sausages.

They do however taste ok and are fairly inexpensive - so folks eat them :)

EVERYTHING else is fair game, intestines, brain, "bits", skin, bone (after being liquidized into slurry by high pressure centrifuges).
My first job as a teen was in a rendering plant. You do not want to know what went on there. Let's just say my title was "slop boy." :D

Um, don't ruin my hot-dog eating experience. Ignorance is bliss.

I'm going to do my best to make it out there. I'm looking for a Shotty (Remington 870 or Mossberg 590) on the cheap - something that goes "ker-thunk" when you rack the slide and makes perps sweat. Also checking out surefire lights, .223, 9mm, & 45 ammo.

Hopefully, my brother and I will be selling our custom display/armorer stands and will not be spending all that money like I did at the Vancouver show the other week!

Looking for a set of Wiley-X SG-1 frames or glasses/goggles(used are great!) if anyone can help me out, plus, I need a good press(non-progressive) and a few other reloading bits to get me going.

Might just snag a 1975 Browning Hi-Power from a very nice gentleman who stopped by our table at the Vancouver show!

For the first time in several years I have some disposable income, and there is no better place to spend it! And the entertainment is free!

I'll be looking for a Taurus "Protector" snubby, and a Saiga rifle in 5.56, and to say hello at the NWF booth. I'll be the fat, sweaty, grey mammal on three legs.

For those who want to do background checks for private sales at home, stop by the show office and ask for a few "Blue Forms." These are provide by the State and are extremely useful, with all the needed blanks for you to fill in........................elsullo :s0155:

Here's that "something"

It does vary from one brand to the next, Look at the ingredients list and see if it contains things like:

MSM / Mechanically separated meat / advanced meat bone separation / meat recovery systems - if it does, this is often chicken, either way, the "meat" is obtained as follows: Once they have stripped as much "real meat" from the bones, the bones (along with skin, feet and heads) and put into a giant centrifuge - that spins at an extremely high speed. VERY powerful (x,000 psi) water jets are directed into the drum and the contents basically break down into a "slightly gritty pink slurry".

Better quality hot-dogs may not contain chicken / MSM - but the "budget" ones nearly always do.

Add to that the rest of the pig that you would not normally consider "meat". In the UK - and I strongly suspect elsewhere - the **ONLY** part of the pig that cannot be legally added to the pot if the left ear - which is the part that takes all the jabs / inoculations / hormones etc.

Then they add a hint or two of glutinous matter, a bit more pink dye and some spices to it. Squeeze it out into an edible plastic tube and voila - one hot dog :) Intestines ARE fair game for a hot-dog but are not usually used as the casings - these are used only for better quality (!) sausages.

They do however taste ok and are fairly inexpensive - so folks eat them :)

Wow. . . I'm glad I already ate lunch. . . :s0095:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top