JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I keep hearing about newer Sig polymer guns needing to be sent back for repair and then I find this article…

But every time it comes up some folks come out saying it's all lies because THIER polymer Sig runs 100% perfect.

What is going on? (This is just regarding polymer guns. I've heard only good about the steel frames.)

I have never owned a Sig before. I am planning to buy a 1911 Target or the P-210 Target. Haven't decided yet. Maybe both eventually. But when it comes to polymer I go to S&W and CZ. (I'm a strait up CZ fan boy x1000).

I considered buying a P365 and/or P320 but probably won't now. My thought with the P365 was, if I liked it more than the Shield Plus I would likely carry the Sig, but I keep hearing about these issues. FWIW, I have a Shield 1.0 with Apex trigger and a Shield plus. For some reason I like the original Shield more. Don't get me wrong, I like both, I just shoot the 1.0 much better for some reason. And I had 5 S&W pistols, sold one recently but am looking for a 629 to make it 5 again, so you know I'm a fan.

Anyway, I would like to hear what others have to say. Please no arguing. If people's opinions and experiences differ, just leave it at that. Agree to disagree, and we all move on.

Due to drop-safe issues with the P320 in 2017, the P365 was drop tested over 500 times using an enhanced testing protocol which dropped the pistol at different angles from varying heights to ensure that no such problem would occur.

Yeah the early p320s were not drop safe. They fixed it and set up a voluntary upgrade program to get a new trigger. Then the early p365 had bad firing pins or something that broke pretty early. Seems like they're getting a rep for beta testing on consumers

Eighteen months of daily carry and frequent range trips with a P365, thousands of dry fires, and not a single hiccup. Let alone if firing on its own. Just one guys experience with one example of a popular pistol. YMMV

Eighteen months of daily carry and frequent range trips with a P365, thousands of dry fires, and not a single hiccup. Let alone if firing on its own. Just one guys experience with one example of a popular pistol. YMMV
Yeah I think it was just one bad batch or something. Not a lot but enough to cause a outcry

I for sure have had people say the same. When was yours made and did you ever have to send it in for a fix?

Any one have the opposite experience? Sportsman's told me they were sending them back every month. If that's true someone on here has to have had a bad experience. I'm wondering if the ones they are talking about were returns for the fixes and they are just dumb🤨. Sounds plausible. 🤔

The original p365 had primer drag on the spent casings which caused some broken firing pins. The p365xl did not have this problem. No problems with my p365xl that I have shot and carried for 14 months.

Just purchase a Glock:
1. majority of america has one so you can pick up their mags...
2. the mags don't cost $50 a pop
3. they are the original plastic gun maker or close to it
4. whats with Sig offering 10 different levels of each pistol they are big fans of selling you a base gun that is crap compared to their "elite" gun I find that to be bush league why sell a gun that sucks compared to the better version. lame..
5. the glock is ugly so when you scratch it you won't be sad
6. even base model sigs are too expensive for what you get and the p320 is heavy compared to its glock equivalent

with all that being said whatever you want to buy is cool and I am not a glock fan boy I own a g20 10mm that I bought for $75 and a g22 that has a 9mm conversion barrel that I paid $265 for... maybe get and M&P... I am just more of a sigs are overpriced for what you get, and you will probably get shot in the leg by the thing lol.

Now before all you sig guys get salty, just know I am right.:)

I for sure have had people say the same. When was yours made and did you ever have to send it in for a fix?

Any one have the opposite experience? Sportsman's told me they were sending them back every month. If that's true someone on here has to have had a bad experience. I'm wondering if the ones they are talking about were returns for the fixes and they are just dumb🤨. Sounds plausible. 🤔
Born April 2020, don't have the exact date available at the moment, but was after the firing pin fiasco, as I recall.

Just purchase a Glock:
1. majority of america has one so you can pick up their mags...
2. the mags don't cost $50 a pop
3. they are the original plastic gun maker or close to it
4. whats with Sig offering 10 different levels of each pistol they are big fans of selling you a base gun that is crap compared to their "elite" gun I find that to be bush league why sell a gun that sucks compared to the better version. lame..
5. the glock is ugly so when you scratch it you won't be sad
6. even base model sigs are too expensive for what you get and the p320 is heavy compared to its glock equivalent

with all that being said whatever you want to buy is cool and I am not a glock fan boy I own a g20 10mm that I bought for $75 and a g22 that has a 9mm conversion barrel that I paid $265 for... maybe get and M&P... I am just more of a sigs are overpriced for what you get, and you will probably get shot in the leg by the thing lol.

Now before all you sig guys get salty, just know I am right.:)
Just to be clear, I own plenty of guns so I'm not asking for advice for my first gun or anything like that. I was just wondering what was up with all the bad feedback from a company who is supposed to be A+++.

I shot a Gen 3 G17 and G19 and was not a big fan (G19 had an after market trigger). Nothing wrong with them, just not for me and nothing special. When I hold a CZ, especially my STO, I feel like the gun was made just for me. Even my P07. I did realize just recently, being a recent CA transplant, I haven't even touched any of the new generation Glocks. Next time I'm at the LGS I plan to check out a Gen5.

Also, I do own an M&P 😁

It's hard to know exactly what is going on with this. There were, most certainly, some issues early on and Sig did a massive recall to supposedly fix the problem.

The questions I have are,
  1. Did this happen as described or was the officer dorking with his gun and induced the issue? I'm not trying to disparage the officer, but I think this is a valid question to ask in these scenarios.
  2. When was this particular gun manufactured?
  3. Could this have been one of the original guns that got mixed up in a department's inventory and never got the upgrade?
  4. What actually happened with the weapon? Certainly the gun would have been inspected and tested at this point. So what was found to be the cause of the discharge?
The article doesn't tell us any of this very important information.

It's also very surprising to me that the P320 was released in it's original configuration...especially considering that most striker guns have a trigger dongle of some sort. My question is...did Sig really not know about the issue with the gun...which would speak to a VERY crappy quality and testing process.

Now maybe Sig really didn't know about this. I personally think it's more likely that Sig was aware of the problem and either underestimated the severity of the issue and/or made a business decision to release it anyway.

Just to be clear, I own plenty of guns so I'm not asking for advice for my first gun or anything like that. I was just wondering what was up with all the bad feedback from a company who is supposed to be A+++.

I shot a Gen 3 G17 and G19 and was not a big fan (G19 had an after market trigger). Nothing wrong with them, just not for me and nothing special. When I hold a CZ, especially my STO, I feel like the gun was made just for me. Even my P07. I did realize just recently, being a recent CA transplant, I haven't even touched any of the new generation Glocks. Next time I'm at the LGS I plan to check out a Gen5.

Also, I do own an M&P 😁
Correct the glock is not special at all, that is the point there are literally millions out there. The Gen 5 is same bubblegum different day.

Sig is A+++ because people pay a bunch for them and can't admit they made a mistake. I keep my sig on my gun rack next to my scar in the back of my Ferrari.

I would say they definitely knew, if they didn't know it would probably be worse imho.

Correct the glock is not special at all, that is the point there are literally millions out there. The Gen 5 is same bubblegum different day.

Sig is A+++ because people pay a bunch for them and can't admit they made a mistake. I keep my sig on my gun rack next to my scar in the back of my Ferrari.

I would say they definitely knew, if they didn't know it would probably be worse imho.
I would say the majority of the metal frame Sigs are over priced but still very nice guns. Their 1911s are fantastic and well worth the money.

Surprisingly it was two cops that had the much publicized P320 ADs.
The cafeteria incident and the gym bag incident.
Cafeteria - fiddling with the pistol
Gym bag - Put his unholstered pistol in a swinging gym bag

Last Edited:
Looking at the video and the take down diagram I am shocked that there is no traditional firing pin/striker block safety like a Glock, Smith Wesson or Springfield mounted in the slide. It may have one done in a different manner but it's hard to see in the vid how it truly operates. I called a buddy to barrow his to look it over but will not see him until next weekend, anybody have thoughts on that.

I know if the Glock slide is very loose the sear can jump and go forward but unless the trigger is pulled to push up the firing pin safety the safety will catch it and not allow it to fire. Smith and Springfield are designed the same way.

The sig shows a safety bar but I cannot tell how it engages or how much but it seems according to the video it would have to be a very loose gun or a bad design for all systems to fail.

These are just my thoughts; I am not an expert at anything these are just observations.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews