JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the main hunting rifle. 30-06AI Ruger in a Boyd's Stock with a Leupold VX-R.
Sight in 2023.jpg
This is the nice weather gun. 1942 Winchester Model 70 in 257 Roberts with a Weaver K4-1.

sighting in 257 9.30.23.jpg

It will depend upon what tag I draw, or if I draw one at all.

Doe- I plan to use the recently purchased 260. Put some 140's together and see if I can make it work.

Buck- I have been either unlucky enough to draw the any-antlered tag and not see him, but another that is shooter quality (4-5 on a side). "Mega-buck" as we call him in the household-seems to go nocturnal after opening day and isn't seen again. Saw him last year when my oldest had a white-tail doe tag. He's still around. So, if I am able to draw a buck, the nod will go to the 300wm. In sight, in range. The backup will be the new trapper in 45-70, loaded with potent 300gr.

The draw results are available end of June to early July.

54 cal Lyman black powder rifle and SS Tikka T3's in 7mm-08 and 30-06.

My youngest tagged her first deer with the 7mm-08 last year.
Ntf6Odm.jpg

My oldest tagged her second elk with her 30-06 last year.
c1kQwWR.jpg

I wont use a rifle this year hunting for meat. :s0093:

Last time I did, Safeway wouldn't let me hunt there again for 6 months. :s0001:

Seriously though, I envy people that are still able to go hunting. :(

Last Edited:
45-70 for me. Have my Ruger M77 in 7mm express also, depending on where I end up hunting.

View attachment 1870771
Sweet looking rifle. Seeing that cartridge holder on the buttstock reminds me of a couple years back when I was bear hunting with a .300 Weatherby Magnum and a cheap Uncle Mike's nylon cartridge holder on the buttstock. I left several cartridges somewhere on the ground. With the price of ammo these days, that would about be like leaving $5 bills scattered about. :confused:

Beautiful specimen there and I would love to have a tang safety m77 in 280 rem !
Thank you, it shoots as good as it looks too.

280 is a an awesome caliber that gets overlooked by most.

Sweet looking rifle. Seeing that cartridge holder on the buttstock reminds me of a couple years back when I was bear hunting with a .300 Weatherby Magnum and a cheap Uncle Mike's nylon cartridge holder on the buttstock. I left several cartridges somewhere on the ground. With the price of ammo these days, that would about be like leaving $5 bills scattered about. :confused:

Thank you. Thankfully this one holds em pretty tight.
No kidding. Them big bullets ain't cheap. I don't believe I would own a 45-70 if not for reloading my own. Don't know how anyone can afford $2+ a shot. Datgone disgusting.

This is the main hunting rifle. 30-06AI Ruger in a Boyd's Stock with a Leupold VX-R.
View attachment 1870729
This is the nice weather gun. 1942 Winchester Model 70 in 257 Roberts with a Weaver K4-1.

View attachment 1870735
First time I saw AI was a buddys
View attachment 1870729

View attachment 1870735
First time I saw a AI case was a 30-06. I had all kinds of questions.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top