JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Way I look at it is you transfer ownership to your adult child now, before the law takes effect. Bill of Transfer dated with pic of firearm serial number to a family member (legal to family members without FFL] is all they need to prove ownership, then it becomes a gift for your grandkids. Great grandchildren… well they should be growing up in a red state anyway.

Way I look at it is you transfer ownership to your adult child now, before the law takes effect. Bill of Transfer dated with pic of firearm serial number to a family member (legal to family members without FFL] is all they need to prove ownership, then it becomes a gift for your grandkids. Great grandchildren… well they should be growing up in a red state anyway.
That would cover you to your grandchildren, but your great grandchildren would be the ones out of luck. Your grandchild would be unable to transfer it to anyone else.

It does add one additional generation though.

That would cover you to your grandchildren, but your great grandchildren would be the ones out of luck. Your grandchild would be unable to transfer it to anyone else.

It does add one additional generation though.
Maybe their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren will have sufficient testicles to ignore something so blatantly tyrannical.

Maybe their children and grandchildren and great grandchildren will have sufficient testicles to ignore something so blatantly tyrannical.
Not about restocked size. How much fed or state time gave you done? Exactly sit down internet warrior. As much as I disagree either the law I'm not going to put my self in a place where the state can take everything I have. Smart people are already prepping and dam sure ain't speaking in an open forum about it.

Not about restocked size. How much fed or state time gave you done? Exactly sit down internet warrior. As much as I disagree either the law I'm not going to put my self in a place where the state can take everything I have. Smart people are already prepping and dam sure ain't speaking in an open forum about it.
Don't we have a forum rule about being excellent to each other? Pretty sure telling someone "shut up, my opinion is more valid than yours" breaks that rule.

Sounds like absolute compliance, all the way to complete disarmament, to me.

If "smart people are already prepping." I wouldn't understand why they'd bother if their plan was to be completely in the good graces of the law forevermore into the future. Might as well just turn in the evil guns and avoid all the time, effort, and money wasted.

I didn't call anyone dumb. If you took it that way, well maybe the mirror you look in tells you something. Do as you please but to encourage others to break a law and lose their gun rights, well not a smart move, again not calling you dumb… I get you are sensitive. It's easy to talk big and loud on a blog or forum. But I can bet you wouldn't do good in prison. Have a great day.

Correct. It's not evil looking or black. Must be a hunting rifle according to the "experts" making these laws.
m1.jpg

Bruce

Most of the firearms on the ban list have never been used in a mass shooting, or rarely if ever used in crimes, e.g. M1A, FAL, HK91, 9mm AR on and on. The purpose is clear, civilian disarmament.

Who would even know you did? I suppose technically if it was not an "assualt weapon (AW)" before due to not having any of "AW" features, and then you added a threaded barrel, it would then be an "assault weapon".

If it was an "AW" before then it's grandfathered and changing the barrel wouldn't change that.

But why would you even worry about it? it's not like you have to record with the state the fact that you changed your barrel (yet, ha ha).
You would have to do that before the ban. Manufacturing an AW is prohibited after the ban.

But it is possible to send guns in for I don't see rebarreling an issue. Besides I think it's obvious they are talking about threading at the crown end of the barrel.

We need a complete list of exactly what was banned, grandfathered, and restricted.

In plain non legalese english.
ONLY Assault weapons have been banned. Nothing else. Things like evil features, SBR, SBS are supposedly banned because liberals deemed to call those assault weapons.

However, they are not illegal to possess or use.

Note: NOTHING has been grandfathered. The comment about current owners can keep theirs, is not law. It's commentary about intent of law.

The fact possession is specifically left out of the ban just means owners can keep theirs. That is not grandfathered.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads