JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So it seems they are pushing this thru after all. Not just saying they would and then letting it fade.

And yes, I know there is another thread on Trump and Bumpstocks. That one has turned into a big political debate. Maybe keep this one on topic regarding DOJ/BATFE?

As such, I see no mention of triggers/etc., but if they can do it for bumpstocks, they can certainly do it for triggers.

BREAKING NEWS: DOJ Moves to Reclassify Bump Stocks as 'Machine Guns' - The Firearm Blog

Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks

JUSTICE NEWS

Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saturday, March 10, 2018
Department of Justice Submits Notice of Proposed Regulation Banning Bump Stocks
Today the Department of Justice submitted to the Office of Management and Budget a notice of a proposed regulation to clarify that the definition of "machinegun" in the National Firearms Act and Gun Control Act includes bump stock type devices, and that federal law accordingly prohibits the possession, sale, or manufacture of such devices.

"President Trump is absolutely committed to ensuring the safety and security of every American and he has directed us to propose a regulation addressing bump stocks," said Attorney General Jeff Sessions. "To that end, the Department of Justice has submitted to the Office of Management and Budget a notice of a proposed regulation to clarify that the National Firearms and Gun Control Act defines 'machinegun' to include bump stock type devices."

This submission is a formal requirement of the regulatory review process. Once approved by the Office of Management and Budget, the Department of Justice will seek to publish this notice as expeditiously as possible.

Component(s):
Office of the Attorney General
Press Release Number:
18 - 291

Didnt they already did that with the spring assisted versions back in the day?
There was a soecific company who made them.. supposedly they were turned into MG's or DD's by the BATF.

If we had the funding to take this to court, we could prove the past proceedings already covered devices that physically assist. These current devices simply use inertia.. no actual assistance takes place. Its just a different method of holding it. I can do it using only my finger.. thus I never bought a stock set for it.

I hate the whole: "Well since we didnt think of it before, it too is banned" type of mentality. Cali does that BS all the time when firearm manufacturers figure out a way to legally skirt their ignorant laws.

If anything we need a bill to ban afterthought anti gun legislation.

I agree that quick reset triggers could be the next thing to ban. But when they find out that semi autos can also be bump fired with factory triggers. (No bumpstock required) What's next? Semi autos???

Last Edited:
Well, if it does pass going through all of that work to get a crappy plastic stock will steer even more folks into an actual FA purchase. :)

Need to eliminate the F in ATF. If they aren't going to use the F why are we paying for it?

They need to eliminate it altogether.

ALcohol? We already proved that prohibition doesn't work back in the 30s, almost 90 years ago.

Tobacco? Why?

Firearms? Nuff said?

Explosives? My dad used to store a case of dynamite in the chicken coop - nobody was hurt.

These career politicians have got to go! Next it will be illegal for me to bumpfire my AK with my finger, but I'm an outlaw so it will happen;) ... Sad days we live in

They need to eliminate it altogether.

ALcohol? We already proved that prohibition doesn't work back in the 30s, almost 90 years ago.

Tobacco? Why?

Firearms? Nuff said?

Explosives? My dad used to store a case of dynamite in the chicken coop - nobody was hurt.
Alchohol, Tobabaco, and Firearms would make a better one-stop convenience store than a government agency.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top