JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20240510_231437.jpg

Agreed, watching the colors interact and the streaking ebb and flow, it was an incredible view and what a show. Stirs something in the soul, no doubt. Perhaps the opportunity of a lifetime for some. Certainly worth the effort to see this happen.

Lots of reflected light back into the atmosphere here, and my land is mostly wooded so I'm surrounded by trees. We have some exposure to the western horizon, but I didn't want to go out there early this AM. BUT: looking straight up from my deck, I could see the streaks of magnetism in the sky, wavering this way and that like sand in a storm. At first, I didn't know what I was looking at, like it might be some kind of wispy clouds but it wasn't. If I'd have had a view of the horizon, I probably would've seen the colors.

My daughters and I went out to Tillamook Forrest and took some pictures. It was a pretty awesome night!
Even just the sunset was epic.

PXL_20240511_042404202.jpg
PXL_20240511_061405494.NIGHT.jpg

The naming games they play in the media to hype things are ridiculous. WTF is a "cannibal" storm?
Yeah, dumb name..

Basically, it means that in this case, five CME's were shot towards us..one after another, over 36ish hours. The first CME is 'eaten' or absorbed by the one behind it..and so on. So the effect is they all merge into one giant CME..which exponentially increases the effect and induces charge. They are expected to merge today. See below.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 112300.png

Also, as far as satellites go..take a look at the total dose and single event graphs. This is the plasma loading that the satellites are taking.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 112927.png

NOAA Graphs

We gonna get more of the space fuzz tonight? Got a headache from getting back too late and waking up too early but it was worth it. I would go watch the shiny psychedelic lights tonight if they will be coming back.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top