JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Be There?

• Total voters
Reactions
Check back to this first post for any changes or updates prior to this event.

Sat April 2, 2016, 9 AM to 1 PM (+/- an hour).

CHANGED MEETING LOCATION TO THE FOLLOWING:
Google Map Link: To meeting area...
https://goo.gl/maps/a1ggSRfp1i32

GPS Coordinance:
45.784994, -123.365024

Directions to base camp meeting area; From Hwy 26 & Hwy 217 in Beaverton,
go West on Hwy 26 for 36 miles and turn Right on North Fork Wolf Creek Rd.
Follow North Fork Wolf Creek Rd, stay to the Right at the first Wye.
Follow to the end.

Description:
We will be cleaning up outdoor target shooting sites. Oregon Dept of Forestry will provide bags, latex gloves and garbage disposal. They will also provide volunteers with L & I insurance for the clean up hours.

Lunch Provided:
BBQ lunch noon to 1 pm! Free raffle prize drawings during lunch! Enjoy! Thank you for your help!

After Lunch: (The official event ends after lunch)
You are welcome to stay and enjoy some fun target shooting with a great group of outstanding gun owners. Be sure to bring ear and eye protection and appropriate legal targets.

What to bring:
Gloves, Boots, Jeans, Rake, Shovel, Legal Targets and something with a trigger! (Rain gear might be appropriate depending on weather forecast).

What to Expect:
Coffee, donuts, lunch, free stuff, meet new and old friends, help to keep our State Lands open to recreational outdoor shooting, help keep our public playground clean and have a great time target shooting.

Who is invited:
This event is open to all Public, Family and Children. A great way to meet new people, do some shooting and help clean up our State Lands.

Help our planning efforts:
We are expecting at least 30 people for this event. Please be sure of your schedule when you cast your vote above. You may change your vote at any time. We will adjust our food count accordingly. Thank you.

Additional ways to help:
We need some help to make this event happen. Please post if you can provide any of these?
  • BBQ equipment & Cook
  • Burgers, hot dogs, buns, condiments, & chips (we'll be checking stores for donations)
  • A 1 or 2 burner Propane cook stove (to cook the coffee and tea water)
  • Propane coffee pot and coffee
  • Coffee creamer
  • Donuts and cookies
  • Snack bars

This event is sponsored by Northwest Firearms and Tillamook State Forest, with supporting vendors; Sportsman's Warehouse Hillsboro, Cabela's, J&B Firearm Sales and Others as we add them.

Please VOTE in the VOTE BOX above!

Who to contact:
@Cogs , @bolus or @Reno911

NWFA Volunteers Rock! Thank you!

Cogs

Last Edited:
Target Shooting Rules in Tillamook State Forest
629-025-0040
General Forest Recreation Rules
(9) Target Shooting.
(a) No person shall place targets on live trees or shoot live trees for any purpose.
(b) No person shall shoot across or along any road or trail.
(c) No person shall shoot carelessly, recklessly, or without regard for the safety of any person, or
in a manner that endangers, or is likely to endanger, any person or property.
(d) Persons engaged in target shooting shall remove from State Forest land all shell casings,
targets, and other debris resulting from their use.
(e) No person shall shoot targets other than those commercially manufactured for the specific
purpose of target shooting, except for paper targets privately manufactured by the person or
people engaging in target shooting.
(f) No person shall shoot glass of any kind as a target.
(g) No person shall shoot appliances, furniture or other debris determined to be garbage or refuse
by an enforcing officer.
(h) Target shooting and other shooting related activity will be prohibited from one half hour after
sunset to one half hour before sunrise.

Tillamook State Forest

More information about target shooting on public land:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/2016-info-booth-tillamook-state-forest.213531/

As I said before I can commit at least 20 bodies. I'll get 100% confirmation this week.

Other than that I'll be there early and bring a pop up canopy BBQ and stovetop. As well as some goodies for the after party.

You have my "Will be there" vote and Wifey will get hers in too.

The site shown on the map doesn't appear to be very large? Is that just a mustering area?

You have my "Will be there" vote and Wifey will get hers in too.

The site shown on the map doesn't appear to be very large? Is that just a mustering area?

There are 2 shooting areas about 800 ft apart. The red "V" area are V-shaped drive up space
West of Portland target shooting areas - Google Chrome_2016-02-28_14-36-20.png

On the above map you can see a gated turn off east of these areas (right at the right side of the pic):
Avpf1EZ.jpg

The first shooting area driveway
IfefME7.jpg

The second (west)
5MjTyZN.jpg

Here is the second smaller area (the first one was in use when I went up)

Well I see Where we'll be, and when I get there I'll see someone, and know, that I'm in the right place!

One request please.....Dry(er) weather? Thank you!

*** UPDATE ***

See the original post at the beginning of this event thread
CHANGED MEETING LOCATION, 3-4-16, TO THE FOLLOWING:
Google Map Link: To meeting area...

GPS Coordinance:
45.784994, -123.365024

Directions to base camp meeting area; From Hwy 26 & Hwy 217 in Beaverton,
go West on Hwy 26 for 36 miles and turn Right on North Fork Wolf Creek Rd.
Follow North Fork Wolf Creek Rd, stay to the Right at the first Wye.
Follow to the end.

We are expanding the April 2 cleanup since we are expecting to have quite a few volunteers (30-40?) and some good person has been cleaning up some of the Lousignont. Reno911 and norm0931 went out to Lousignont on Thursday and said that it was getting cleaned up by someone.

Wolf creek, where we went last year, is dirtier than ever though. Its also able to handle many more cars and people

So we will split the group a d try to do both areas since they are very close together by driving.

We will meet at N fork Wolf Creek road, same location as last year.

ndmD3ZI.jpg

Then we will send some of the group to Lousignont for a quick cleanup and then back for lunch and shooting

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/45....8/@45.760035,-123.3534757,7246m/data=!3m1!1e3
64y8CH8.png

Last Edited:
There's a fourth spot you don't have circled that is right at the bend, where that little spur goes out to the landing. Also, I'm guessing you've been out and checked the place out? #2 spot I've not seen as the road is so deeply rutted, and I didn't walk over the rise and look when we were out there a few weeks ago.

There's a fourth spot you don't have circled that is right at the bend, where that little spur goes out to the landing. Also, I'm guessing you've been out and checked the place out? #2 spot I've not seen as the road is so deeply rutted, and I didn't walk over the rise and look when we were out there a few weeks ago.

I updated to a newer map pic. that was last years

Cook? Do we have a cook out there? We need a BBQ Master. A Chuckwagon Cookie. A Concinero. Someone to flip those burgers just right. You won't have a chance to help with the clean up but you'll be helping in an other BIG way!

We are also looking for some kitchen help. Set up and monitor the food prep line. Will be self serve but we need someone to set up the table and prep the line.

Any takers?

Cogs

My wife is on limited duty from surgery. I can see if sh is up to the task of cook.

I have updated the calendar and am planning to be there. I can also bring dogs or burgers which ever is needed.
Yes, Timber, we need both. So pick either one and bring some! Let us know if it will be dogs or burgers and how many.

We also have a contribution of dogs and buns from mgleason00.
I have a 2 burner camp stove that I can bring, and I can bring some hot dogs and buns.
The camp stove will be perfect for cooking the coffee.

Since we are expecting well over 30 people, we'll need plenty of dogs, burgers, buns and condiments. This is a great start!

Thank you!

Cogs

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top