JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, it's because of that I did mine in a similar fashion too:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_XSI5ZPixSlg/S6mCHlqZkDI/AAAAAAAAGvE/2QoAjApYdLo/s640/SANY1543.JPG

Pinkhamr:

I really, REALLY, REAAAAALY like #1, #4 and #10
I see you don't have much faith in the spaghetti noodle barrel either...

LOL, yep, I like the heavy barrels though I do have one that has been super turned down and is about the diameter of a magic marker ... just not mounted yet ....;)

Thanx for the kind words .... :D

I've seen the Tommy and M1 kits and really liked them, but you guys just made me crazy. Looks a a few trips to BiMart for "blank-slate" 10/22 rifles are in my future. I'm going to proceed with caution though... I don't want to start in with the white lies like: "Nah, it wasn't expensive honey, the rifle was just $179.99 on sale!"

Here is something new and very 'tacticool' for the 10/22 .... I may just have to 'test' the kit out .... ;)

Gee, seems like I've seen that gun before. :)

Pocopy-1.jpg

Internal quality has stayed the same, the external finish is no longer the same quality.

The new stocks are still birch. I know the difference between the two. No one, except maybe the Chinese or eastern Europeans, would use a soft wood like poplar and that would only be in the military rifles.

Sure, the older ones look better but they shoot the same.

I would like to see a picture of your maple stock. Love the looks of them. I often thought about doing a custom maple stock on my 10/22 build. I have some nice highly figured birds eye but it is to narrow.

Internal quality has stayed the same, the external finish is no longer the same quality.

The new stocks are still birch. I know the difference between the two. No one, except maybe the Chinese or eastern Europeans, would use a soft wood like poplar and that would only be in the military rifles.

Sure, the older ones look better but they shoot the same.

I would like to see a picture of your maple stock. Love the looks of them. I often thought about doing a custom maple stock on my 10/22 build. I have some nice highly figured birds eye but it is to narrow.

Here's a knowledgeable guy who agrees that the stocks are inferior poplar or imported wood of late. He also points out a lot of plastic parts and some very poor machining in the new models. He also agrees that the finish is painted on, and generally concludes that the new ones are cheaply made.

Link

It's your money. Buy whatever you like.

This is kind of unrelated, but I'm relatively new to shooting, and got excited when I saw a 10/22 on sale at Bi-Mart and gobbled it up. At least compared to my pistols (Glock and an M&P) it felt incredibly cheap in comparison when I field stripped it before taking it to the range. I needed to get a punch and somewhat aggressively pound for the pins to come out to release the trigger group.

After my third range trip with it, the front sight is falling out of the dovetail whenever I turn the rifle to the left. Did I just get a bad one that I should bother Ruger about or have you folks had this same experience? Thoughts on the front sight? Thanks.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top