JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you only quote the second part of the 2nd amendment yes, it seems pretty clear.
Yes , which is why I keep using it...
It makes clear that infringements shall not happen...which is my whole point.
A law , ban , restriction or the like is an infringement...which is ain't supposed to occur..but does....all the damn time.

In any event...I find the whole of the 2nd Amendment clear and easy to understand....too bad others who make laws and such don't see it that way.
Andy

Last Edited:
If you only quote the second part of the 2nd amendment yes, it seems pretty clear.
However, that's taking the part we like out of context and strengthening it by omitting the part that seems to weaken the statement, at least for our purposes. That really isnt legitimate to slant a statement the way you want by taking it out of context.

To make clear ( :D ) my repeating the last part and only the last part of the 2nd Amendment is done because :
It is very plain in its meaning...and to my mind it is the most important part of the 2nd Amendment.

Also something to consider is that comma in the last part of the Amendment.
It could be read as if the parts after it are just as important , but a separate ( however still related ) issue...
In regards to first part of the Amendment , which I did not quote.
Andy

And if you actually understand the first part, then it is even more clear.
Libs run around with their hair on fire hollerin' "mulisha, mulisha!" without understanding that the 'militia' is all of us, We the People, who's right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Libs run around with their hair on fire hollerin' "mulisha, mulisha!" without understanding that the 'militia' is all of us, We the People, who's right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
If anything it only strengthens the fact that it is a right to be expressly preserved for every individual citizen in this country!

Some people also like to selectively forget that the Constitution already grants Congress the power to raise an Army and Navy. By specifically separating the militia "of the people" as its own entity in the Bill of Rights, the Founding Fathers were ensuring there were no undue qualifications necessary to bear arms as a common citizen, other than just being a citizen.

I understand it fully but the SCOTUS spent the better part of 200 years misunderstanding it.

I understand it fully but the SCOTUS spent the better part of 200 years misunderstanding it.
No. Way less than 200 years. Say about 75-95 years, back to NFA 1934. matter of fact... before that; it was up to the States and towns on whether to prohibit open carry of arms; and a man could buy short barreled firearms, concealable weapons that would later be known as AOWs, full auto machine guns, grenades, cannons, fully armed warships, and even firearms silencers without a tax stamp, up until the NFA 1934...

No. Way less than 200 years. Say about 75-95 years, back to NFA 1934. matter of fact... before that; it was up to the States and towns on whether to prohibit open carry of arms; and a man could buy short barreled firearms, concealable weapons that would later be known as AOWs, full auto machine guns, grenades, cannons, fully armed warships, and even firearms silencers without a tax stamp, up until the NFA 1934...
On the militia side it goes back farther than that. Everyone forgets about the Militia side. The second amendment is every bit about the right of the people to form militias as it is about your right to own a gun. That part gets mowed over with abandon.

CA doesn't care what the Supreme Court says.

Yes.......it's time to hold accountable......all the Politicians who will seek to deny the RIGHTS of American Citizens.

Aloha, Mark

CA doesn't care what the Supreme Court says.

Yes.......it's time to hold accountable......all the Politicians who will seek to deny the RIGHTS of American Citizens.

Aloha, Mark
They can set up what they want but when an actual case in standing gets in front of the court a 5% ambulance chaser will get the case thrown out.

I agree. There's nothing in the bible that says anything about God granting people any rights at all, even the right to not be slaves.
Whenever I thought about slavery. Well.......I figure that.......King Soloman had slaves in his palace. Sooooo???????

Not saying that it's right or wrong.
But it happened (probably).

BUT, But, but......getting back to the subject.
In as much as the 2nd A says clearly.

"......shall not be infringed."

I figure.......it's CLEAR enough.

Well, that is. For anyone reading and for anyone who can understand a simple concept.

It's NOT complicated.

Remember......back then, there weren't even that many people who could actually read and write. I figure......that the "founding fathers" probably/also took that into consideration.

And, as for the stuff before that.......we've already discussed that.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
They can set up what they want but when an actual case in standing gets in front of the court a 5% ambulance chaser will get the case thrown out.
For someone (say, Politicians) to Intentionally and Knowingly pass and/or attempt to pass......UNCOUNSTITUTIONAL LAW(s)........yes, there should be/needs to be consequences.

We the People.......
Should NOT and should NEVER BE........subjected to possible punishment(s) under clearly unconstitutional laws.

Politicians and whomever else consults with and/or works to enslave Americans.......would be/should be advised to take heed and be held accountable.

Rrrrrright.......imagine that?
Taking responsibility for one's actions.

So then......
Holding anyone and everyone "accountable" just like what is happening at the Jan 6th hearings.

Well.....
Let the chips fall where they may.

Its_all_legal.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
For someone (say, Politicians) to Intentionally and Knowingly pass and/or attempt to pass......UNCOUNSTITUTIONAL LAW(s)........yes, there should be/needs to be consequences.

We the People.......
Should NOT/NEVER BE subjected to possible punishment(s) under clearly unconstitutional laws.

Politicians and whomever else consults with the Chief Executive would be/should be advised to take heed. Rrrrrright.......imagine that?

Holding anyone and everyone "accountable" just like what is happening at the Jan 6th hearings.

Aloha, Mark
Yeah sure. What will happen instead is they will get a few standing cases that will get thrown out and after a while they will stop wasting money on prosecuting them.

Hod' up a minute . . . That first part, is it because the people are the militia, as looks to be the theory right now, or is it the position expressed in the Penn & Teller clip everyone loves that "Because the .gov requires a militia to maintain the security of the State, the people need arms to protect themselves from potential of the militia (or State) going rouge and endangering the freedom of The People"

I have heard both arguments expressed here and they seem mutually exclusive

There are TWO Militia named in the Constitution, Regular and Irregular. Regular would be like the National Guard, while irregular are just You and Me! When the constitution was written, America sis not have much of an Army or Navy, and thus, required citizens to choose one or the other, or await the call to arms and be expected to report and form ranks! Some of this changed when the National Guard changed, but the Concept of Militias has not at this point in time! Several states would have you assume that the National Guard supplants the Militia, but in fact, it does not unless the state changes it's own constitution!

Yeah sure. What will happen instead is they will get a few standing cases that will get thrown out and after a while they will stop wasting money on prosecuting them.
IMHO.....
A truly responsible Govt. would.....

Review their current laws. To ensure compliance. Repleal those laws that do NOT conform.

WE THE PEOPLE.....
Should not have to be arrested and go to court.......
In order to PROVE that the law(s) were UNCONSTITUTIONAL (in light of the already ruled on facts).

YEAH, Yeah, yeah......
Reality is different.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....
COME_on_man.jpg

Embrace_The_Suck2.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show