JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I might be getting one (stainless) I have had one in the past I reload so I can customize my loads I like 270 to 320s 900 to 1,100 fps but I might be wanting a double action my plans are to shoot for fun maybe hunt and a trail gun not sure on the trail gun as I have a G45 that might fit that job better what are your thoughts

I've owned many, and still do. I cut my teeth on .44 Magnum using my very first Super Blackhawk with a 7-1/2" barrel. I got good with it.

Thru the years I've had longer barrels, and certainly shorter.

My favorite, or most used Super Blackhawk is now my 3-3/4" barrel model.

Let me say too, just because it's a .44 Magnum, nothing says it has to be loaded to painful levels to be effective. A 240 grain hardcast bullet loaded to 1050+/- fps is still very formidable.

And since you mentioned DA, I also have a 629. Love it.

My purposes have morphed. The Super Blackhawk has become a trail gun, where the 629 has become an actual hunting revolver.

Either way, they are both winners.

I like the stainless ones for my fishing trips. Where I use to fish with my father had a real problem with feral dogs. The stainless Ruger revolvers are nice, and reliable.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews