JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if this is still true, Full refund?

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.

I wrote to my local news but they don't give a rat about facts. My legislators voted against this, did yours? There's 61,000 members here...I wonder how many wrote letters to their legislators?

Dan

Roll Call
SB 5078

Firearm safety
3rd Reading & Final Passage
3/4/2022
Yeas: 55 Nays: 42 Absent: 1 Excused: 0
Voting Yea: Representatives Bateman, Berg, Bergquist, Berry, Bronoske, Callan, Chapman, Chopp, Cody, Davis, Dolan, Donaghy, Duerr, Entenman, Fey, Fitzgibbon, Frame, Goodman, Gregerson, Hackney, Hansen, Johnson, J., Kloba, Leavitt, Lekanoff, Macri, Morgan, Ormsby, Ortiz-Self, Orwall, Paul, Peterson, Pollet, Ramel, Ramos, Riccelli, Rule, Ryu, Santos, Sells, Senn, Shewmake, Simmons, Slatter, Springer, Stonier, Sullivan, Taylor, Thai, Tharinger, Valdez, Walen, Wicks, Wylie, Jinkins

Voting Nay: Representatives Abbarno, Barkis, Boehnke, Caldier, Chambers, Chase, Corry, Dent, Dufault, Dye, Eslick, Gilday, Goehner, Graham, Griffey, Harris, Harris-Talley, Hoff, Jacobsen, Kirby, Klicker, Klippert, Kraft, Kretz, MacEwen, Maycumber, McCaslin, McEntire, Mosbrucker, Orcutt, Robertson, Rude, Schmick, Steele, Stokesbary, Sutherland, Vick, Volz, Walsh, Wilcox, Ybarra, Young
Absent: Representative Chandler
I wrote mine. Those that replied had "great" prewrote responses about how they would never vote for anything against 2a. Some were somewhat believable but still a canned response at best! But the rest I heard crickets so that gives me the answer I was looking for with them.
Problem being they are paid by the people but don't in most cases do what there job entails which is do the bidding of said people. Most run there own agenda or that of there friends with the money.
If I were to do my job the same way I sure as heck wouldn't have it very long.

Hell. I wrote to your guys reps and i am in Oregon.

As i read the law i cannot cross state lines with my carry pistol once this goes into effect. Or with any "high" capacity magazines at all.

What blows me away is the significant amount of "yes" votes. It wasnt even close.
Someone needs to see who has a new car, home, or any other "extra" benefits that isnt clearly listed as part of their income. Some people got paid heavily to vote in favor of this BS.

The infamous federal assault rifle ban had a sunset date. Crime increased, indicating that it was ineffective, so sun setting was proper. All such laws should sunset if crime rates show that they are ineffective. And of course, no law reduces crime - it only defines what crime is. In actuality, law can only increase crime by creating new classes of criminal.

Crime occurs due to bad acts on the part of animate objects, i.e. humans. Legislating against inanimate objects is nonsensical - but we are talking government here.

I wonder if this is still true, Full refund?

Costco does not believe that it is necessary for firearms to be brought into its warehouse stores, except in the case of authorized law enforcement officers. For the protection of all our members and employees, we feel this is a reasonable and prudent precaution to ensure a pleasant shopping experience and safe workplace. Our policy is meant to protect our members and employees in all warehouses around the world. This is not a new policy and we do not customize the policy for each individual city/county/state/country where we do business.

Our primary goal at Costco Wholesale is to keep our members happy. If you believe that our policy restricting members from bringing firearms into our warehouse stores is either unfair or excessively burdensome, or you cannot agree to abide by this policy, or you are dissatisfied for any other reason, Costco will promptly refund your annual membership fee in full.
I do not know if it is "still true" but assume so. The security guards in the Chico Costco, while wearing uniforms that said "Armed Security" were unarmed. When I spoke with one of them, I was told that they are an armed security company but Costco policy is no firearms. Sort of had to laugh to myself, because I was concealed carrying. I have seen concealed carriers who were printing in the CDA Costco and saw one gentleman who was open carrying. Nobody said anything to him. Probably because many if not most Costco customers are unaware of their policy and open carry is common in the CDA area. My position is that I will not ask for a full refund as long as they do not have metal detectors and don't say anything if they somehow discover that I am carrying.

I have read it several times. What is unclear is just when BBQ Guy and myself need to have our high capacity magazines in WA so we come under the exception for returning to WA with them. Have you seen anything to addresses this issue?
OK, technically the import language is vague for non-WA residents. However, if you're OR resident and carry it interstate, then federal pre-emption likely trumps this law in terms of possession. And from now on, If you're a WA resident returning to WA, as far as anyone is concerned you are always returning with a previously owned magazine that you just had checked at your favorite OR FFL because it was malfunctioning.

Last Edited:
Just opinion but I believe folks go about fighting bans the wrong way. It's a given the bans are going to happen when one party rules. If you understand they control the narrative then you need to change the way the ban must proceed.

Demand to be paid for the property they are stealing, if they are going to ban your property shout loudly it's theft. It's obvious you can't stop the ban but you should be paid for your property. Demand it over and over in the public eye, in every forum.

How much would the state have to pay for every magazine in the state? Where does the money come from?
So I take money out of my left pocket and put it into my right pocket if the state gives me money?

That's easy they all suck and you really have to read between the lines, but Fox News has really stopped hiding it.
90% of the world news organizations is owned by 6 major corporations you think they don't have an Agenda?

Don't believe me do your own research…
"It's all the same. It's all rigged. We are helpless. Don't bother to vote."

Does that about sum up your position? If you can't see a difference between FOX and CNN you have to be trying really hard.

Top Contributors, federal election data for Jay Inslee, 2020 cycle

[h4][/h4]This page shows contributions grouped by contributor to the candidate's campaign committee plus any super PACs or hybrid PACs working on his or her behalf

Select recipient:
Campaign + Outside Groups Candidate Committee only Outside Groups only
Campaign + Outside Groups
This table lists the top donors to this candidate in the 2020 cycle. The money came from the organizations' PACs; their individual members, employees or owners; and those individuals' immediate families. At the federal level, the organizations themselves did not donate, as they are prohibited by law from doing so. Organization totals include subsidiaries and affiliates.

ContributorTotal
Bergman Draper Oslund$261,322
Zumiez Inc$252,845
Tamaki Law$105,600
Democracy Engine$57,800
University of Washington$56,852
Microsoft Corp$52,741
Amazon.com$42,841
State of Washington$34,098
Have A Heart$27,200
University of California$22,551
Alphabet Inc$22,165
Boeing Co$15,606
Redwood Grove Capital$11,225
Facebook Inc$11,219
Seagen Inc$9,966
Tableau Software$9,588
Wilson, Sonsini et al$8,880
US Government$8,693
Buchanan, Ingersoll & Rooney$8,436
Interurban Capital Group$8,400
Wind Stream Properties$8,400
Hawkeye Investments$8,400

Bergman Draper Oslund Is a class action lawyer for asbestos, weird.

"It's all the same. It's all rigged. We are helpless. Don't bother to vote."

Does that about sum up your position? If you can't see a difference between FOX and CNN you have to be trying really hard.

I just said Fox News is worse then CNN but neither is good and I don't need to explain, you can form your own opinion.

OK, technically the import language is vague for non-WA residents. However, if you're OR resident and carry it interstate, then federal pre-emption likely trumps this law in terms of possession. And from now on, If you're a WA resident returning to WA, as far as anyone is concerned you are always returning with a previously owned magazine that you just had checked at your favorite OR FFL because it was malfunctioning.

Do you think this is how the local yokel is going to understand it on the side of the road?

After they confiscate the magazine/s that are outlawed do you see them returning the property to the rightful owner?

Do you think this is how the local yokel is going to understand it on the side of the road?

After they confiscate the magazine/s that are outlawed do you see them returning the property to the rightful owner?
Actually, that's another issue here. Who will enforce this? Local yokels, outside of King county, seem to lean right and probably will not care unless "you fit the description." What description you ask? Just look at King county gun crime stats.

So who, WSP? Also unlikely.

Like many gun control laws, this one is aimed to spice things up once you get tagged for something else. So don't get tagged.

Actually, that's another issue here. Who will enforce this? Local yokels, outside of King county, seem to lean right and probably will not care unless "you fit the description." What description you ask? Just look at King county gun crime stats.

Like many gun control laws, this one is aimed to spice things up once you get tagged for something else. So don't get tagged.

All plans to visit WA have been canceled. My family will have to visit here, or my next state of residence.

The problem now about not getting tagged as we're all on the de facto registry for firearms now that Washington state has so you're already a criminal in their minds.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top