JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Public range, nothing. None that I know of anyway. Not within the Hillsboro area.

Hillsboro does have a shotgun club, and I think there used to be an indoor range off hwy 26 but I think they closed.

Browns camp is terrible. It's a longer drive, but go to wolf creek.

Public range, nothing. None that I know of anyway. Not within the Hillsboro area.

Hillsboro does have a shotgun club, and I think there used to be an indoor range off hwy 26 but I think they closed.

Browns camp is terrible. It's a longer drive, but go to wolf creek.
Would be a long drive from hillsboro to wolf creek...
Guess I should've added a question mark to that title.
I'm less looking for a public range and more a favored area that isn't the Browns camp debacle.

Yeah, the last time I went to Brown's camp it was just dangerous. I just don't trust the random folks going up there and shooting. I haven't been there for like 10 years. Sadly, I am completely unaware of anything in the local Hillsboro area in terms of a public range, however Wolf Creek would be a good option minus the long drive

Parts of Salmonberry Rd are shut down with heavy equipment. Once past the fork, keeping right, I think it's called Rock (something) Rd. 1st road on the right. The two lower spots were still accessible.

Pull up Google maps satellite. Start looking in areas and pin drop them and Drive to those areas.. I do this once a year and find some decent spots. There are a few around story burn trail head and timber area. Most guys won't give up exact location over the internet because they don't want it to be like browns camp... the only good time to go there is 6am and make sure you have 4-5 trucks full of friends leaves no room for people to set up.

Pull up Google maps satellite. Start looking in areas and pin drop them and Drive to those areas.. I do this once a year and find some decent spots. There are a few around story burn trail head and timber area. Most guys won't give up exact location over the internet because they don't want it to be like browns camp... the only good time to go there is 6am and make sure you have 4-5 trucks full of friends leaves no room for people to set up.
One issue is the time of year the picture was taken compared to when you try to find it. Sometimes overgrowth makes it hard to find or limits the available space.

Once I was clearly shooting at Salmonberry off one of the rockpiles, and these two guys go strolling by. They were up high, but still I had to stop. Later I talked to them, they said they were looking for specific rocks. I was told by another shooter that once mushroom seekers where in his backdrop.

It's a shared public space but...

One issue is the time of year the picture was taken compared to when you try to find it. Sometimes overgrowth makes it hard to find or limits the available space.

Once I was clearly shooting at Salmonberry off one of the rockpiles, and these two guys go strolling by. They were up high, but still I had to stop. Later I talked to them, they said they were looking for specific rocks. I was told by another shooter that once mushroom seekers where in his backdrop.

It's a shared public space but...
Yep it does change for sure. I will take one or 3 guns with me and a BBQ with food. I will spend the whole day in the woods driving around looking for spots. It takes time but it is well worth it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top